Heaphone system for 2000 CAD (on **8/24/2017** 1591 USD)

DynV

This post likely concern both DACs and headphones so I'm cross-posting in those 2 forums, the corresponding thread is http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....em-for-2000-cad-on-8-24-2017-1591-usd.785124/

I'm looking for something that will sound like I was in a club, the recreation through a headphone system. I'd like something worth 2000 CAD (keeping up with inflation) S&H included; as I'm writing this, on 8/24/2017, that's worth 1591 USD. Please keep in mind that when converting currencies that withing just a few months it can vary significantly (I don't live in a country where it varies that much weekly), see the current chart (.8 = 1600 USD, .75 = 1500, .74 = 1480) :
2m5l1j7.jpg

The headphone system is mainly for techno (and I don't mean EDM/electronica) and ambient house. To a lesser degree I like ambient (EDM), downtempo, drum & bass & hardcore (EDM). Just in case it would make a difference, as it's to a significantly lesser degree that I want to listen loudly to it, I like sludge metal, crust punk, renaissance music & baroque.

It's to listen in the room I use my PCs and am mainly hoping to listen to FLAC although I could listen to AAC and sometimes MP3s. Perhaps it can take the data directly from my PCs, if it can't I can use portable storage, USB flash drive, portable HDD and if necessary BD, DVD, CD. As you might imagine portability would not be an issue so using On Ear Headphones for that is not a foreseeable concern.

Thank you kindly for your suggestion

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom