Hear Soundtrack Before Seeing Movie?

SoCal Sam

Lunatic Member
Ever hear the soundtrack before seeing the movie? I just got the soundtrack to Kingdom of Heaven (2005) and it is an excellent mix of dark gothic and ancient european instrumental and vocals. Haven't seen the flick yet but the soundtrack intrigues me enough to want to.

There have been several movies like that. Sometimes the soundtrack is much better than the movie. "Out of Africa" had a great soundtrack but the movie was so boring.... Great score by John Barry.

L yeah, all the time -- I have many Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, and Rick Wakeman soundtracks that I've never seen the movie to, in addition to a couple that I received long before I saw the movie.

Of course, it sucks when you read the tracklisting, which sometimes include spoilers. So don't read the tracklisting!

E.G. (these are not real titles) "Bad Guy Gets Arrested", "Bad Guy Escapes from Jail" and "Bad Guy's Death", that kind of thing.

Only one film comes to mind (James Horner’s) “Apollo 13” (1995). Upon waiting for the release of the film I was trying to put in my mind how the score was fitting together with the visuals although I only had a name of the track that was about to play I was trying to see what Horner’s vision was for the music. Alone the score sounded fantastic but when I saw the film about two weeks later I was stunned particularly during the launch sequence out of this world.:banana: :thmbsp:

image.php5

Almost every Ennio Morricone soundtrack... including his spaghetti westerns. I heard the music many years before seeing the movies.

Back
Top Bottom