heater manufacture defect

rymik

I have a eh7591 where the top of the heater is almost completely hidden inside the plates. It not as bright as its brothers where the tops of their heaters are clearly visable. However, looking thru the holes in the center of the plate shows its the same brightness as the others.

Further the bottom the heater doesnt appear any larger than the others as you would expect... so its just shorter.

Manufacuring defect im guessing. Is this a bad tube?

I have a eh7591 where the top of the heater is almost completely hidden inside the plates. It not as bright as its brothers where the tops of their heaters are clearly visable. However, looking thru the holes in the center of the plate shows its the same brightness as the others.

Further the bottom the heater doesnt appear any larger than the others as you would expect... so its just shorter.

I would call that a manufacturing variation, but not necessarily a defect. The part of the heater outside of the plate structure doesn't really do anything anyway - if the tube tests fine and works fine, it's just a cosmetic difference.

I never consider visibility of filemants. I do however consider how it sounds.
Put on the lid, then you won't be disturbed.

I have many tube like this. As long as the cathode itself is glowing a dull orange like all the others, it's fine!

Back
Top Bottom