Heathkit AJ-1510A Tuner

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by kjc2260, Nov 15, 2017.

1. kjc2260

kjc2260 Active Member

Does anybody know anything about this tuner? There’s a guy in my area with one for sale on CL and from the description this tuner is rare and very high-end. I’ve heard of Heathkit but not this particular tuner

Please register to disable this ad.

2. sregor

sregor AK Subscriber Subscriber

3. kjc2260

kjc2260 Active Member

4. mhardy6647

mhardy6647 AK Subscriber Subscriber

5. kjc2260

kjc2260 Active Member

Wow, that was major coin for that thing back then. Many thanks for the info. Dude is asking $550 for his....

6. amptramp

amptramp Active Member

I wrote up a blurb about the design of the Heathkit AJ-1510A and unlike most Heathkit products, there are a number of design errors. There is a zipped file which is the attachment in the

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/195272-heathkit-aj-1510-tuner-help.html

thread but since I can't find a way to attach a file in this forum, it is best to go there and unzip the file. When you buy this tuner, BE SURE TO GET THE MANUAL. I cannot emphasize that enough. Even though the schematic is on the net, the board layout diagrams are a must. And $550 is insane. I got mine for CDN$150 which happens to be a good price - they normally go for $150 in US dollars.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. kjc2260

kjc2260 Active Member

Yeah, I passed on it because I thought he was insane as well. It did spark my interest in this tuner, mainly because it’s different. Thank for the info and advice.

8. moebuster

moebuster AK Subscriber Subscriber

-It's still for sale and the price is still "insane"!