Heathkit AR 1219

Vinty

Hoping someone here can help with a lamp question on this receiver. Bought this recently...beautiful looking and great sounding receiver. Seller indicated he had changed lamps and when I received it, looked great for 10 minutes and the lamps cut out. I don't have a manual and am not sure the seller put in the correct lamps when replacing. Two questions: anyone know the lamps used in this, and if the seller put in the correct lamps, what would cause them to burn out so rapidly?

Thanks and hope someone can help as I am really impressed with this receiver.

Mine just burned out after close to 30 yrs. of almost daily use. I haven't found my manual yet, so I don't know what the original bulbs were. If they weren't wired in series, I did so. I don't remember, I haven't had it open in all that time.
The supply to the three lamps is 36VAC (or more). I think I put in higher voltage lamps (#1820- 0.1A/28V) and when they still blew, I put a diode in series. It worked for a while <grin>.
The fourth lamp is the stereo indicator

Mine just burned out after close to 30 yrs. of almost daily use. I haven't found my manual yet, so I don't know what the original bulbs were. If they weren't wired in series, I did so. I don't remember, I haven't had it open in all that time.
The supply to the three lamps is 36VAC (or more). I think I put in higher voltage lamps (#1820- 0.1A/28V) and when they still blew, I put a diode in series. It worked for a while <grin>.
The fourth lamp is the stereo indicator

I just did a Heathkit with LED's. Used these... https://stereolamps.com/collections...1000-led-lamp-kit-basic?variant=8717351125046 . I did not change the stereo light as sometimes its best to leave these non LED.

Back
Top Bottom