Heathkit Fan

Steve C.

Hi all,
I built a few Heathkit receivers, Two TVs, and other miscellaneous items when I was a kid. Always had a fascination with electronics and recently acquired a “new”, still in the box, 1970 Heathkit AR-29 receiver. It is the exact same model I built with my dad in 1970, which I recently restored. My son and I are almost done with the new kit. A YouTube video describing the build will be uploaded soon. Looking forward to Audiokarma.
Steve C.

Hi all,
I built a few Heathkit receivers, Two TVs, and other miscellaneous items when I was a kid. Always had a fascination with electronics and recently acquired a “new”, still in the box, 1970 Heathkit AR-29 receiver. It is the exact same model I built with my dad in 1970, which I recently restored. My son and I are almost done with the new kit. A YouTube video describing the build will be uploaded soon. Looking forward to Audiokarma.
Steve C.
How neat. I have an AA22 integrated amp that I acquired some twenty years ago... by the construction I assume it was factory built.. either that or by a very skilled kit assembler. I have had to service it three times since I've had it... small signal transistors once, main filter caps once, and a new volume control because the old one didn't track the two channels correctly at low volume. It is my computer audio amplifier. Looks and sounds very good... has a classy look to it, nice feel to the controls... a flip down panel for small screw driver adjusted input level balance for each input and each channel, plus a phase norm/reverse switch and overall channel balance. Heathkits were quite the thing, had a good reputation.

Heath, of benton harbor Michigan, had more kits for more devices than China has rice. Never built one, but a properly -built h-kit was as good as anything, as evidenced by the numbers they sold. If it says heathkit on it, it was a kit. If it says heath, factory built (kinda scarce). Nevertheless, good designs usually.

Hello and welcome to AudioKarma! I built a Heath radio when was in junior high, many years ago.
I just bought a pair of Heath AS-101 via eBay. Its the Heath equivalent of an Altec Valencia speaker (circa mid-60s).
After I won the auction, the seller told me they had belonged to his dad, David Nurse, who was President of Heath Company from 1966 - 1980. Very cool ...
I kinda like being guardian of that legacy

DavidNurse42.jpg
Heaths_5862-adj.jpg

Attachments

• Heath-L_5869-sm.jpg
    Heath-L_5869-sm.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi Steve and welcone to AK. Congrats on the Heathkit and glad to hear you and your son built it. That’s really cool. Enjoy your audio journey.

Back
Top Bottom