1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Heathkit TT 1A tube tester

Discussion in 'Tube Audio' started by TENER, Jun 13, 2018.

1. TENER

TENER Active Member

I just got this off craigslist cheap. A Heathkit TT 1A tube tester. I don't know if it works yet but I am real happy with it. Looks like it is a nice tester. What is you guys opinion on this type tester?

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. kaplang

kaplang Works for me ! Subscriber

Had one. A little difficult to do the settings for a tube but it did tell me if I had a bad tube. As much as I used it it was fine.

TENER likes this.
  3. Big Harry

Big Harry Active Member

The TT-1A is a high quality tester in line with the higher end Hickoks. Clean it up, calibrate it and it should be the only tester you will need.

TENER likes this.
  4. Dave451

Dave451 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Looks like a nice unit. Does mutual conductance, which is what you want and my experience with Heath gear is that it is good quality and well designed, particularly if well assembled. Pop the top and have a look inside to see if all is well. I bought a B&K that was operational, but needed all the electrolytic caps replaced and re-calibrated. The manual will describe how to (re) calibrate if needed.

TENER likes this.
  5. kvflyer

kvflyer AK Subscriber Subscriber

I would agree that the oil filled capacitor is in all probability still good. For that matter, there really isn't anything stopping you from using the 6.3 volt setting for filaments (6 volt tubes of course!) instead of for instance the 300 ma setting.

TENER likes this.