Heavy & hot, & haven't even begun!

Hey Bully,

I've been kinda in and out of AK lately, didn't know you were moving.

When exactly are you trying to move?

I'm buried right now trying to get a house remodeled, so I can get it rented right away. Need the rent $$$$

Might be able to help move gear on a Sat, but this coming weekend is out.

Gadzooks, imagine, it is raining here! I took part of the day off to pack and tote things out to the garage. Well, I guess I can pack some more books and stuff.
That really isn't a bad price. Includes their big truck, and 3 guys to do the moving. Shouldn't take 'em to long.
The plan is to move on August 5th. Start at 11:00am.
The packing, though, is the struggle, yuck.

Dang! Now I find out they've had to rush my mom to the hospital. Pneumonia, and fluid on the lungs. That's heavy duty bad news. Bummer bummer bummer.

Bully,

That is terrible news. I hope your Mom pulls through this OK. Pneumonia can be very serious when you are older.

Rob

Yeah, that can be bad. And it takes a long time to REALLY get over it-plus you're more likely to have a relapse. My mom's been thru it a couple times.-Sandy G.

I have packed and moved so much stuff into the garage (detached, and a fair trip with heavy loads!), and it still looks like I haven't begun!
Made arrangements for gas, phone & electric service to transfer. Luckily, I get to keep my phone number! Took me about six years to remember that number. Hey, I never call myself.
The Concept 16.5 just fit into a Gateway box, and now there it sits on the floor. 70 lbs of dead weight. Yikes.

I am so tired, and beginning to panic as moving day approaches.
Whew. This is a bummer.
Now they say my mom doesn't have pneumonia, that it may be heart-related. Dang. Worries.

Gawd.
Among the stuff I've moved out today were a pair of 15-inch, 3-way Pioneers, and the A5001 amp. Just about too much for me.
I've also made three trips to the City Mission thrift.
I am dreading boxing the big SX-5590. Not sure if I have a box big enough, and then, if I do, there is the lifting. There is still the big Onkyo, and it is bigger yet.
I've got to get back to packing up the books. I'm not even half-way done with them.
this has been a hellish chore, i tell ya.
gonna have to get rid of a bunch of this stuff.
well, back to the salt mine.

Sunday afternoon, and have I mentioned how bushed I am?
What a mess.
A little later I'll go over to the new place, and ink the lease, and drop off a few delicate items (ie., some turntables, at least, and the two PCR800 amps, 'cause they're not so big, and probably the four Kenwood amps, too ...).
Getting the Phase Linear's packed now.
Down to one stereo still connected, and I need to get to it.

LOL! Your neighbors will probably piss their pants when they see you moving all those speakers in :p:

how far are you moving? in the past few years we have moved probbly 4 or 5 times not far though. and it was always a PITA but not too bad. moved everything in one weekend. We just rent a Uhaul and dont even really bother packing most of the stuff (well kina) and take 4 or 5 loads in the uhaul and we're done!. Although probbly this coming summer we might move to california so moving over 2000 miles is going to be a task. lemme tell ya, we are gonna have a HUGE garage sale! At least we are getting a container, not trying to get everything on an airplane!

Good Luck

The new place is just about a mile from here. Same neighborhood in the city. I am glad to say I get to keep my old phone number!
I've now got two tt's and over a kilowatt of amps over there.
I will be packing into the evening, and will probably need to take some time off tomorrow, too.
Ugh.

Lemme see if I get this right. She has a diastolyc heart failure. But with a twist. The pump itself is fine and working well, but the plumbing going in is stiff, and there is the problem: the blood and fluids back up and overflow where they shouldn't be. She is still in the hospital, but they are planning to let her go home in a day or two, IF her BP normalizes. Apparently they drained too much fluid the other day, and her BP dropped dangerously low.
Hearts are a problem in my family.
The folks have recently listed there home for sale, but they won't have the luxury of living in it 'til it sells. They will need to get into a one-level condo. One sister is down there now, and they finally got in touch with my other one, they're on vacation (finally called our nephews cell phone, yeah, teens are good for something!).
Talked to her yesterday and she sounds weak and tired.

Pete-Man, you got a lot on yr plate right now...Sure hope Mama gets better-moving can sure take it out of a person. I'll be thinking about you.-Sandy G.

Gee whiz Petey,did Macc not show up to help?Is anybody helping you with all this stuff you have to move.In one case how exciting to be setting up a new room,However try convincing your back that!!

Take it easy

Alan

Thank you for your words of kindness

It does mean a lot to me.
I don't get out much, so so many of y'all here are my friends. I am touched by your well wishes for my mother.

Back
Top Bottom