Hello again

davyboy21

Since I have been posted missing in action for 4 years I feel its only right to reintroduce myself. David from Stirling in Scotland. Have my uncle's old set up and have become re obsessed with the thing. Been listening to it but not really doing much with it. No more though as I'm now getting serious about getting the best out of it. Will be DIYing bits and pieces (speaker cables, etc), have bought a new amp which will post a pic of (obvs) and a couple of new decks (Philips AF729 for immediate use and a Technics SL150 with SME armboard as a in complete project - the tonearm search has begun). Lastly I have begun to drive my good lady mad with this obsession (missed out on a couple of Goldring's, Thorens and an AR XA from the Bay - gutted - though my partner thinks I'm nuts. Anyway folks its good to be back.

Welcome back MIA.

No, not mad, just the Vine Virus flaring up again...it happens, eh?

Good luck on your quest.

Q

As a brief update the AF729 is up and running and I must say rather sweetly it runs too. In other news I have finally managed to secure a GL75 after much frustration on the Bay. Comes with an integrated Dynatron Amp. Thinking of fixing her up and installing a cart/stylus and enjoying her as is before I begin any major mods. I remember why I got into this HiFi lark in the first place. Glad to be back folks

Back
Top Bottom