Hello All, Update on my vintage gear.

kcblair

Back to records
It's been over a year (1.5+) since posting on AK. Since leaving the forum, I have not touched any of my gear, other than listening to my vinyl. Since cleaning all my vinyl with the KAB EV-1 record cleaner, every record to date, is still spotless and sounding as perfect as a record can.

To the turntable sub-forum, the Grado + 8MZ and Shure M91+SAS on my Yamaha YP-701 are still sounding great.

Once I had the speakers properly aligned, and that took 6 mo. of moving those heavy (back breaking) Cerwin-Vegas into the ideal position, it all came together.

Music synergy. Detailed separation of the instruments , and sound staging.

To this day, this system impresses me. The music impresses me. The only thing holding back, is my hearing, as we know, it diminishes with age.

No more upgrading or buying gear. Just listening to records.

So now, I've been sinking my money and time into cycling. 2000+ miles last season and already 1000 this season and it's only July.

So, thanks all , for reading and special thanks to all the folks in the turntable sub-forum. KB

First, welcome back, and second, congrats on the cycling. I still want to take that up, as well as mild jogging, one of these days.

I also have the 8mz and Grado combo. Pretty dang hard to beat.

Glad to hear your at point your happy, myself I haven't changed anything in a few years either, other than rotate a few turntables now and then. I might just get to the point of reducing some of my other systems that have been sitting unused for years. Been looking at boats, offshore fishing has always been something I have done in the past, and my last boat got stolen so I have been without one for to many years.

Thanks guys, when the system is tuned, music is just plain lovely. Still have 4 TT. Daily users are my YP701 , and TT500 . Use my Yammy P200 with XV15 for needle drops. The Pioneer PL 512 + M97XE sits in the livingroom, just looking pretty. KB

I've been in the same situation for about a year and a half. The two systems I listen to the most of the time are right where they need to be, no fiddling needed. I do find myself getting a bit antsy and thinking about changing this or that every so often, but it passes quickly.

It's been over a year (1.5+) since posting on AK. Since leaving the forum, I have not touched any of my gear, other than listening to my vinyl. Since cleaning all my vinyl with the KAB EV-1 record cleaner, every record to date, is still spotless and sounding as perfect as a record can.

To the turntable sub-forum, the Grado + 8MZ and Shure M91+SAS on my Yamaha YP-701 are still sounding great.

Once I had the speakers properly aligned, and that took 6 mo. of moving those heavy (back breaking) Cerwin-Vegas into the ideal position, it all came together.

Music synergy. Detailed separation of the instruments , and sound staging.

To this day, this system impresses me. The music impresses me. The only thing holding back, is my hearing, as we know, it diminishes with age.

No more upgrading or buying gear. Just listening to records.

So now, I've been sinking my money and time into cycling. 2000+ miles last season and already 1000 this season and it's only July.

So, thanks all , for reading and special thanks to all the folks in the turntable sub-forum. KB
I love this post. A good and honest report from someone much like myself. Not a crazy gear head but one that just wants good sound and has found it.

Yep, besides properly setting up the TT and aligning cartridges (thanks to the guys in the TT sub-forum), the biggest improvement came from aligning the speakers. Then I could ease back and enjoy the music and focus on other hobbies . KB

Back
Top Bottom