Hello! Also here are my systems!

Spormo

Professional Novice
Hows it going? I've gotten a lot of good info off of audio karma over the last few years I've been getting into hifi so I thought I'd finally make an account and maybe even post! For those who are interested I'll post some pictures of my two systems.

My garage system:
Technics SB-L36 (what are these???) They sound pretty decent, and they have cool tweeter grilles

Yamaha rx-v2400 Built like a tank. Got it really cheap. I purchased it because of the build quality and the fact that it had a phono stage.

Mission speaker, forgot the model! It was 5 dollars at good will. Seems well built and it sounds pretty good, even with the packing tape holding the grille on (;
20170114_215513.jpg

Living room system:
Bowers and Wilkins 601 s2 These were the first quality pair of speakers I've ever bought and I love them! In the right room the sound stage is amazing, and vocals sound fantastic through them imo

Pioneer SX-434 Looks cool, has phono stage, and enough power for my B&W. The left channel on mine is messed up and I have to force mono. Looking to replace this very soon.

Dual 1257 I love this turn table. I got it for a good price a few years ago. Its ortofon ulm50e cartridge and stylus are in good shape. I never had a tonearm with adjustments like these and I think it's pretty cool.
20170114_215727.jpg

Welp, thats most of what I have. My "home theater" system might be for another post. Everything I buy I get from craigslist or goodwill/thrift/pawn shops, so my collection is always in flux lol. See you around the forum!

AK is the BEST mate!
You can get so many ideas and knowledge here it's amazing.
And everybody is all about good sound.

Love your Main room setup.
I've found and repaired many things real low cost and while not "audiophile" by any means, it'll do until I buy today's high end stuff at a discount 30-40 years from now.
A few years back I had almost the exact same setup but with 686 S1's, Pioneer SX-626, and Dual CS721.
Was a good, full sounding, low powered setup and the B&W's eventually went off to be driven a little harder by a bigger amp in another setup.
I cooked something inside the SX-626 with some large bookshelf 4 Ohm Infinity 3 ways I've opted to keep awhile even if they are convicted amp killers.

A pair of Dynaco A-25's sound real good too, not quite as dark as the B&W's but with much more rolloff in the highs, and with more firm bass.
Bose 301 S2's are very "Meh" and Boston Acoustics A-40's are surprisingly good, especially with a sub.
But the real sleeper speakers are Mission 761's which are virtually indistuingishable from the 686's in a blind listening test.
Neither speakers, however, could provide the vocal and presence of a dedicated crossed-over midrange.
And the Emit tweeter bug has always had me since the 70's.

Also have found it is NOT a sin to use various switchers and selectors to mix and match equipment and to save on wearing out old original gear.
Some things they don;t make anymore it seems (less than $100 anyway) and from the 90's were the point to point wired, ball bearing switch Audioplex selectors and Vol pots that work well in signal paths for the 5-6 sources you can easily run.
Audioplex selector3.jpg

I have also become a big fan of using glow in the dark tape for position reference by feel and old 70's Dymo label tape.

Keep your eyes open!
There is SO much to roll through if you know what you're looking at for a deal.
Those B&W's, by the way, do sound REAL good when run together off the top of a larger room speaker. (For those Rock Out days!)

And SIma made some good, remote controlled 4 source selectors years ago.
It's not 110db S/N ratio or anything but it's not hissy or even noticeable even at louder volumes.
Sima.jpg

Welcome to AK.
Looks like you got the bug.

Cool systems by the way. pity about the left chanal in the living room those b&w will open out nicely when you get it sorted. :thumbsup:

Thank you all for the warm welcomes.
A big howdy from Texas and welcome to the AK forums.
Howdy!

Welcome to AK.
Looks like you got the bug.

Cool systems by the way. pity about the left chanal in the living room those b&w will open out nicely when you get it sorted. :thumbsup:
I'm sure they will, just takes time and money!

AK is the BEST mate!
You can get so many ideas and knowledge here it's amazing.
And everybody is all about good sound.

Love your Main room setup.
I've found and repaired many things real low cost and while not "audiophile" by any means, it'll do until I buy today's high end stuff at a discount 30-40 years from now.
A few years back I had almost the exact same setup but with 686 S1's, Pioneer SX-626, and Dual CS721.
Was a good, full sounding, low powered setup and the B&W's eventually went off to be driven a little harder by a bigger amp in another setup.
I cooked something inside the SX-626 with some large bookshelf 4 Ohm Infinity 3 ways I've opted to keep awhile even if they are convicted amp killers.

A pair of Dynaco A-25's sound real good too, not quite as dark as the B&W's but with much more rolloff in the highs, and with more firm bass.
Bose 301 S2's are very "Meh" and Boston Acoustics A-40's are surprisingly good, especially with a sub.
But the real sleeper speakers are Mission 761's which are virtually indistuingishable from the 686's in a blind listening test.
Neither speakers, however, could provide the vocal and presence of a dedicated crossed-over midrange.
And the Emit tweeter bug has always had me since the 70's.

Also have found it is NOT a sin to use various switchers and selectors to mix and match equipment and to save on wearing out old original gear.
Some things they don;t make anymore it seems (less than $100 anyway) and from the 90's were the point to point wired, ball bearing switch Audioplex selectors and Vol pots that work well in signal paths for the 5-6 sources you can easily run.
View attachment 852010

I have also become a big fan of using glow in the dark tape for position reference by feel and old 70's Dymo label tape.

Keep your eyes open!
There is SO much to roll through if you know what you're looking at for a deal.
Those B&W's, by the way, do sound REAL good when run together off the top of a larger room speaker. (For those Rock Out days!)

And SIma made some good, remote controlled 4 source selectors years ago.
It's not 110db S/N ratio or anything but it's not hissy or even noticeable even at louder volumes.
View attachment 852011
Thanks for the tips! Always keeping my eyes open :naughty:

Back
Top Bottom