Hello and Merry Christmas from Omaha

stupidfly

Cerwin Vega junkie
Hi all, I am 18 and new to the forums and pretty new to the vintage home audio scene. I have been all about car audio for a couple of years now, and for Christmas this year my dad and I went out shopping for a home stereo for me. My dad has always preached about vintage stuff and I love the stuff that I see come through my work at the pawn shop I work at. We came up with a:

Beautiful Pioneer SX-1080 (that is going to need a good cleaning I suspect)

DSCN2624.jpg

DSCN2611.jpg

sorry for the awful pics...I can't seem to get my digicam to take a decent one of the silvery goodness, it likes to try and focus on other things.

and a pair of Cerwin Vega AT-15's (I love Cerwin Vega, I have had some excellent experiences with their car audio).

benscerwin.jpg

Let me know what you think I guess.

Thanks all, So it's looking like that 1080 is definitely gonna need a little work so I am going to try and take it up tomorrow and see if I can't get it serviced. It likes to cut in and out with fuzz and the left channel likes to work only sometimes. Looks like I have a fun project ahead...

Thanks all, So it's looking like that 1080 is definitely gonna need a little work so I am going to try and take it up tomorrow and see if I can't get it serviced. It likes to cut in and out with fuzz and the left channel likes to work only sometimes. Looks like I have a fun project ahead...

OMAHA!!! Welcome neighbor..:D

Cool! Another one from Omaha! :thmbsp:

Which pawn shop do you work at?

Scott

Welcome aboard. You'll find out soon as I have how addictive this stop is. Seems like I spend a few hours a day here...

Enjoy!!!

Back
Top Bottom