Hello Everyone!

judgegixxer

I should have put my first post here but I got caught up in reading all the other ones when I found this site by accident googling for stereo gear. I am a novice when it comes to this stuff but I love music and listen whenever I can. I've always been into stereos ever since I was a little tyke in the 70's. I really appreciate music when it sounds good and so many times over the years I have been in peoples houses and cars and realised they either did'nt know or care what thier stereos sounded like thus whatever they had sounded less than desirable. I always ask if I can "adjust things" and the responses I get back are usually "what did you do? Thats way better". I do not unfortunately have the skills to fix or tweak things inside cases yet but hopefully I can learn here. I love fiddling with the small amount of stuff I already have and hopefully this weekend I'll come home from the bigcity pawn shops with a pile of Old gear to experiment on. If I get anything interesting I'll be sure to ask you guys what I have before I accidently destroy a possible gem.

From what I've seen of this forum so far everyone is surprisingly friendly. Other forums I've seen seem to be exlusive clubs full of egofreaks with attitude. Living in the far north gives me virtually no one to talk to about this stuff with and nowhere to get any of it.

Many thank yous to the people here who have already passed on info to me and helped me with questions I have posted.

Here is my meagre list of gear. Hopefully will grow a bit this weekend!

Sony DVP-NS50P CD/DVD player
Sony SLV-N71 Hi Fi VHS
Sansui DX31WR Cassette Deck
Technics SL-PD687 CD Changer
Technics ST-S2 Tuner
Technics SH-GE50 Graphic Equalizer
Technics SL-1400 Turntable
Technics SU-8600 Amplifier
Pioneer S-DF3-K Speakers
Akon CDM-6200 Speakers

Hopefully this wasn't too cheesy!

Hopefully this wasn't too cheesy!
Welcome, JudgeGixxer! Great Intro post with just the right amount of cheese. Many here post a ton of cheese, then go back and cut-out most of it. Yes, there's a lot of cheese cut around here.

(Sniff !) Well, I'M an Egofreak w/an Attitude, so there ! N'yah ! Hehehehehe...Welcome to AK !

Welcome to AK! I was just up in your neck of the woods in May! Beautiful country you reside in. Welcome aboard!
Regards,
Jim

Welcome to AK, Judge! :music:
From what I've seen of this forum so far everyone is surprisingly friendly. Other forums I've seen seem to be exlusive clubs full of egofreaks with attitude. Living in the far north gives me virtually no one to talk to about this stuff with and nowhere to get any of it.
Well said.

Welcome to AK! I was just up in your neck of the woods in May! Beautiful country you reside in. Welcome aboard!
Regards,
Jim

It is beautiful but it's isolated. I went to the "the big city" for thanks giving on saturday and went to 4 different pawn shops only to find...... yorx,lloyds,koss,megasonic and the like. What a let down!:tears:

Welcome aboard Judge! Nice to have another Technics guy around, I don't have much Tech gear, but I do love my little Micro system.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom