Hello Fellow Audio Hounds

Mark Puz

Hello,

My name is Mark and I'm a new member from Texas. Born in 61 and have been around music all my life as I'm the youngest of 9 children. All my older siblings exposed me to all kinds of great music and my folks loved big band stuff and played their old brittle 78 records way back when. I purchased my very first stereo system when I was around 11 or 12 I'm guessing. Paid for it myself with paper route money. I have always loved the smell of audio equipment if that makes sense to anyone? I'm one whom never got rid of his records and although I have many CD's my true love is placing a record on the turntable, cleaning it and hitting it with my Zerostat. Topped off with a record clamp/weight and then enjoy the magic. I'm looking forward to learning to navigate and peruse this site with all the useful information.

Mark P.

Welcome to Audiokarma Mark! Your just a youngster, I was born in 1960, lol. I hope you find everything your looking for here. Enjoy!

Hi Mark and welcome to AK! Really enjoyed your introduction and I do know what you mean about how audio smells. Like new speakers for example Mmmmmm! Enjoy your audio journey!

Hi Mark and welcome to AK! Really enjoyed your introduction and I do know what you mean about how audio smells. Like new speakers for example Mmmmmm! Enjoy your audio journey!
I appreciate the welcome, and the smell of audio equipment is something I've always enjoyed. I just had my Marantz 2238B receiver serviced and it smelled almost new when I got it back. I'm still still digging it every time I power it up.

I appreciate the welcome, and the smell of audio equipment is something I've always enjoyed. I just had my Marantz 2238B receiver serviced and it smelled almost new when I got it back. I'm still still digging it every time I power it up.

Oooo Marantz is beautiful gear! Congrats!

Oooo Marantz is beautiful gear! Congrats!
Pretty much late 60's and 70's Japanese is what is in my small collection. I recently handed down a B&O Beogram RX2 turntable (I purchased in 1985) to our son who is 24. We also set him up with a Marantz 2235B and some Polk bookshelf speakers. Currently I have 3 Pioneer turntables and a Sansui integrated amp and the Marantz. Of course I wish I had more money to purchase more, but I don't want to get divorced either.

Welcome! And...I'm with ya on electronics smell...particularly hot, dusty old tubes. It's like the incense of the Church Of Audio:)

Back
Top Bottom