Hello from Belleville Ontario

MikeBailey99

I'm Mike, from Canmore. Not really, I'm originally from Nova Scotia.

I've always enjoyed anything audio related. I've longed to gain possession of my father's old audio equipment, and I finally have. I have his Kef 104ab reference series, his M&K Goliath sub, and the ADC accutrac 4000.

The speakers all work, but I will be doing a cap refresh on the kefs with one of the falcon kits. The Goliath driver was rebuilt completely in the late 90s, so it's pretty good already. The accutrac needed some work, but I have it all functioning after a couple weeks of tinkering.

Side note, anyone have the remote for the accutrac 4000?

My father was an audio engineer with CBC Canada in the 60's and 70's,hence my love for all things audio. Thanks for this amazing community. I hope to be able to add my experience and knowledge to this.

Thanks for the Welcome, everyone. I joined because I discovered a project involving getting these Accutracs working again, I'll definitely stay for the community.

I suppose I forgot to mention the main head of my entire A/V setup. It's my computer of course. I have a Creative Labs X'fi Xtremegamer card with it running off the coax SPDIF to my receiver. 90% of the time it's running DDL to the computer, but depending on what I'm watching, I'll use the PCM 24/96 stream, of the DTS of course.

Edit: Just changed () to 90. For some reason my hands felt the need to capitalize 90 when i typed it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom