Hello from Bismarck, North Dakota

Gravy with the shoestrings.

They are the only place I know that has shoestrings.

72 Grand Prix, new lisence, hmmm.
You may be old enough to remember the A&W by the Memorial Bridge. Did you ever get the curly fries there? I have never found anything like those things.

I’m class of 78 Century.
Class of 83 Mandan. Love A&W, my dad rarely would drive all the way to Auto Dime or McDonalds or Big Boy. I missed out on the curly fries though:( . We thought we were living when Mandan got a Hardees when i was in junior high! Did you ever cross Memorial Bridge on a Motorcycle with the metal grate? First time was kind of scary on my enduro, good times!!

Hey now!

The Internet was born there.

Back in the early 90s, I was in college and HECN was the biggest node on the planet.
I worked in the computer center at UND.
They had more junk wired together across the whole state than you can imagine.
From 286 PCs to main frames.
Student labs to research to administration.
Both academic and ND gov't machines.
All inter-connected and working.

Despite the rumors, we do have internet and indoor plumbing. I happen to be typing this post on a computer on NDSU's network that has a symmetrical gigabit connection.

One of the things I miss about ND when I was stationed there, very aggressive fish (all their species)!

The Missouri river fish are the best. They get strong living in the current.

Hi Serow.
Man, you still in school? Master's?

Welcome to AK from another North Dakotan. I am over in Fargo.
Thank-you, i make it to Fargo 4-6 times a year to visit family and for concerts. Do you come across gear very often? I missed out on a Onkyo m-504 amp on craigslist and have seen some at Vinyl Giant. Any other places to look? Thanks, Mike

Thank-you, i make it to Fargo 4-6 times a year to visit family and for concerts. Do you come across gear very often? I missed out on a Onkyo m-504 amp on craigslist and have seen some at Vinyl Giant. Any other places to look? Thanks, Mike

Fargo doesn't seem to be a huge market for used audio. There are some deals every once in a while on Craigslist. I go to thrift stores and pawn shops semi-regularly. I bought my Harman Kardon PM660 at a pawn shop here. Best deal I found was recently on Craigslist. I bought a Pioneer RT-707 RTR and 40 tapes for $100.

Unfortunately, ND just doesn't have enough people to be a really great market for used gear.

Back
Top Bottom