Hello from Canada...

Strongbow26

Hi -
Just thought I'd introduce myself as I've recently signed up. Just acquired an old Pioneer SX-434 and some PSB 400 speakers. Know absolutely nothing about vintage audio but trying to learn. Looking forward to reading the forums.
Thanks!

Welcome fellow Canuck to the AK Crew.

A couple of months from now after surfing the different forums, you'll be an old hand at the Vint game. Trust me.

Start slow. Consider budget. Check on what you've got then investigate what's here on AK and on the Canuck Audio Sales site as some great deals come up there, but you have to know what you want and move quickly. Some good deals can be found, eh?

Take care and have great listening,

Q

Last edited:
Welcome fellow Canuck to the AK Crew.

A couple of months from now after surfing the different forums, you'll be an old hand at the Vint game. Trust me.

Start slow. Consider budget. Check on what you've got then investigate what's here on AK and on the Canuck Audio Sales site as some great deals come up there, but you have to know what you want and move quickly. Some good deals come up from time to time, eh?

Take care and have great listening,

Q

Thanks for the welcome and the warning! I could see how the money could go pretty fast. I'm going very cheap. I got the receiver for 20 dollars, and the speakers for 40... Figure I can't go too far wrong for that kind of money.

Thanks for the welcome and the warning! I could see how the money could go pretty fast. I'm going very cheap. I got the receiver for 20 dollars, and the speakers for 40... Figure I can't go too far wrong for that kind of money.

As in any hobby, the more ya know, the more discriminating you become...and getting fussy starts to cost money. Name of the game I guess?

Just don't get caught up in the quest for that "weak link" that so many search for that it becomes as allusive as finding The Lost Mine. Just enjoy what you have, not want you could have.

Q

Back
Top Bottom