Hello from Chicagoland

podbaydoors

Hi all,

I have already posted threads in the solid state forum but should introduce...
I have had the hifi bug since I was 13 (1969) in Sterling Il.
Moved to Chicagoland soon thereafter.
Spent a lot of time ogling gear I couldn't hope to buy at Allied, Musicraft, HiFi Hutch etc.
Got involved in the Chicago music scene in various locally working bands bands.
Love working on old gear, tube or SS.
Partial to acoustic suspension speakers as they aren't obtrusive and fit in as rectangular pieces of furniture.
Really like vintage American made gear brought back to spec.
Just have to observe the wife's one in one out rule or risk the wrath of the boss...

Best regards,

Lou

Hi Lou,

Former Chicago resident welcoming you to the AK forums. Enjoy your time here.

Welcome Lou. I lived in Dixon from 1960-1970. then left Illinois until moving to Oregon Il. about 9 years ago. I'm sure you're familiar with both those towns. Glad to have you around. If you ever get back this way stop by for a hello. a drink, and a tune or two.

Welcome Lou. I lived in Dixon from 1960-1970. then left Illinois until moving to Oregon Il. about 9 years ago. I'm sure you're familiar with both those towns. Glad to have you around. If you ever get back this way stop by for a hello. a drink, and a tune or two.

Ahhh, Dixon....
Yep, when my folks were living in Sterling my ma felt that Dixon had better shopping.
So, often as not I'd be dragged along for shopping and lunch at the Nachusa House.
After "The Mill" closed and National Hardware followed suit, it just kinda knocked the stuffing out of poor Sterling.

Hello and welcome Lou...13 in '69 makes you the same age as me. Born and raised in the western 'burbs of Chicago, moved to Knoxville, TN this past January...

And today Sterling has all the local shopping rather than Dixon.
I find it really hard to control the floodwaters of nostalgia when I reminisce about the Sauk Valley towns.
Some of the most memorable teachers of my primary school years were at little Challand Jr. High.

Back
Top Bottom