Hello from Ga

Welcome Addictive1, looks like GA is well represented!!
Where are you?? I'm in Douglasville and was bitten by the Vintage bug several years ago, as to date I have over 200 units (mostly Marantz) in a local climate controlled storage bldg., all in various need of repair!!
Let me know if you need help with service manuals or the like!!

Thanks, Relford!! I'm pretty close to you actually. I work on Camp Creek, and live North of Newnan close to Fairburn. Meeting great people so far. I should have joined years ago. I'm glad for all of you out there that are rescuing these units, and helping to preserve "this." My kids already love it, and will sternly tell my wife that "It doesn't sound right!" - if she forgets a setting on the setup in the living room. She simply tells them to go "fix" it, and they know what to do!
I do need a couple of parts for the 4400 restoration, and I do want to find another vintage unit for my parents' house. They miss that classic sound.
Send me a Message anytime. I am always around, and love to BS.

Thanks, Relford!! I'm pretty close to you actually. I work on Camp Creek, and live North of Newnan close to Fairburn. Meeting great people so far. I should have joined years ago. I'm glad for all of you out there that are rescuing these units, and helping to preserve "this." My kids already love it, and will sternly tell my wife that "It doesn't sound right!" - if she forgets a setting on the setup in the living room. She simply tells them to go "fix" it, and they know what to do!
I do need a couple of parts for the 4400 restoration, and I do want to find another vintage unit for my parents' house. They miss that classic sound.
Send me a Message anytime. I am always around, and love to BS.

Let me know which 4400 parts you need when you get ready for them, I can probably round up what you need!! Last count I had 12 4400s I need to rebuild, they can be a bear to work on!!
Welcome to our "hobby"!!
Ken

Well, I have had my eye on a particular 4400 for literally my entire life. Low and behold, my wife went behind my back and talked my Dad into turning it over to me. It never even occurred to me to ask him about it. It was just being stored for the last few years(since I bought him an Onkyo A/V receiver). It has dated documents from purchase, the decoder module mounted underneath the optional wooden case, remote control, and CD-400 demodulator unit. All purchased new right about the time I was born. I have what my wife considers to be - "too much audio gear." But, of course, the 4400 was my "first," and very special. I really wanted someone else to go through this one due to the sentimental value, because the thought of me screwing it up makes me nervous. However, she will sing again. I am in the researching stage. Wow - I better stop before I start sounding sappy. I welcome all advice, and have thick skin, so don't hesitate to be blunt.

They do look and sound great when finished!!
P1040226.JPG
Good Luck, and let me know if you need assistance!!

Let me know which 4400 parts you need when you get ready for them, I can probably round up what you need!! Last count I had 12 4400s I need to rebuild, they can be a bear to work on!!
Welcome to our "hobby"!!
Ken
I have been passing time by rebuilding crossovers to freshen up speakers, and preparing to build an entertainment center sturdy enough to hold the weight of the 4400, when I get it back. I knew I needed an fm muting switch/button assembly already., but... I got some bad news today. I was told that the high voltage leg of the transformer(for the scope) is shorted. So, I guess the search for parts begins. I will figure out where my first thread should go, and get started.

Back
Top Bottom