Hello From Hamburg, Germany

GlobalWarming

Hello to all.....

I am so glad that I found this forum!

I have already learned so much here, that I decided to join.

My dilemma? I have a pair of Infinity Kappas 7.1 and I have been looking for an AV receiver that can drive them properly. I have looked at the Yamaha RX-V2700 and RX-V3800; here in Europe they put out 200 watts per channel at 8 ohms.

I want something that I can add things on like high definition TV later.

Pardon my ignorance but I am a little comfused. I have read the reviews of the YAMAHAS and they recommend leaving the ohm settings at 8 ohms, regardless of speaker impedance. Are these AV receivers from Yamaha a good match for my Kappas?
I just need some suggestions regarding AV receivers that will match my Infinity Kappa 7.1 speakers best, and that will give me the best possible sound.

Like I have said: I want get the best possible sound I can get out of them. Are there any other choices?
Thank you so much for your help!

Nel

Last edited:
I can't answer your question, but welcome anyway. Somebody will have an answer for you soon I would bet.

Welcome to AK! I also don't know the answer, but you might want to ask your question in the Infinity forum.

Welcome to AK, Nelson. I'm sure there is a forum within AK where you will get lots of opinions regarding your AV receiver questions. :scratch2:

Howdy and welcome to AK. Maybe post your reciever question in General Audio where you will get the most viewers.

.....ADVHamburg, few receivers can muster 200 watts a channel times two....I suggest finding a "clean" receiver, doesn't matter how strong the amp sections are in it, and using the stereo pre-outs to a two-channel amp with 200 a side or better....you'd be on The Bullet-Train to ThumpsVille....oh, Welcome!.....

Back
Top Bottom