Hello from Indy!!!

McQueen5150

Hi, I'm new here. At the beginning of February, at the urging of my friends, I started buying vintage stereo equipment to begin enjoying my vintage record collection in a higher quality manner.

I started out purchasing a pair of Advent 2 Speakers and a Pioneer SX-550 to hook to my Fluance Turntable.
About 6 weeks ago, I switched out the Advents for a pair of Sansui SP-7500x speakers. This week I purchased a Realistic Model #31-2010 and hooked it up. It's really woken up the speakers. I built a set of stands for the speakers. I have no plans to stop adding and upgrading components any time soon.

My long term plans include purchasing a vintage turntable, upgrading my receiver to something like a Sansui 7070 or Marantz 2245 and learning the skills to recap my own equipment.

Welcome from an Indy native (well, I was born in KY but grew up in the Indy area). Keep your eyes open to CL for some good vintage gear. Bought my 1st Thorens table and Sansui 9090 from there. Again, welcome to the jungle.

Welcome to AK! I started the exact same way about 12 years ago. Now I’ve got systems of various degrees in several rooms and a garage full of receivers, amps, you-name-it that need some sort of attention. It’s a lot of fun and the treasure trove of knowledge and experience this forum adds is invaluable. You came to the right place.

Back
Top Bottom