Hello from Massachusetts

Spectrum17

So I'm new to AK, but in the process of repairing (or trying to repair) vintage equipment, or researching the same my Google searches nearly always lead me here, so I may as well jump in.
Been a bit of a stereo buff since I had my paper route as a kid but could never really buy top notch stuff. Now all the gear I lusted after in the 70s and 80s has been showing up in various places and I've been buying my share.
It all started with a pair of Allison a-120 speakers found at a local thrift store for $20. Then I needed/wanted something from that era to drive them, then another pair of speakers and another receiver, and so on.
I will say my kids all have some pretty decent stereos in their rooms (could not stand to watch them listen to music on their little "devices". ) In my opinion you need something a little bit more than a pair of earbuds, you need to physically feel the music bounce off your chest.

Last edited:
A literal answer would be Forums/Audiokarma Manufacturers Forums/Exclusively Sansui :bigok:
BTW you forgot the s at the end of expert ;)

Welcome to AK from Needham - I love my Sansui gear!
You just missed out on our Summer get together (60+ attendees and lots of cool gear) but I am planning the next one in the Fall.

Welcome to AK from Needham - I love my Sansui gear!
You just missed out on our Summer get together (60+ attendees and lots of cool gear) but I am planning the next one in the Fall.
Wish I had been able to attend, I'll keep an eye out for the next one

Welcome to the AK Crew.

Glad that you are able to enjoy the past wants today.

Keep bouncing those tunes off your chest and the kids will eventually come around...in time.

Q

Welcome from the Middlesex Bump! Be sure to check out the MIT Swapfest next month (it's held the third Sunday of every month between April and October, even if it happens to be a holiday). Also, as Jim has said, be sure to watch the Events & Happenings forum for info about the New England get-togethers (aka the 'Frankenfests'), they're always fun to attend. Happy hunting! :thumbsup:
-Adam

Back
Top Bottom