Hello from Melbourne

redbeardo

Hi all, I initially signed up in late 2015 hunting for an answer to a dodgy amp channel, was about for a day, got sidetracked and that project went to the bottom of the pile. Now I'm back and getting right into it.

I'm 33, in Melbourne, Australia and have been into older systems and vinyl for about the last 5 years. Folks had a great 4 speaker Sherwood system as a kid and loved playing their records. Fast forward 25 years and I'm slowly collecting a lot of those same records my folks played as well as a ton of the local scene here in Melbourne.

My first system was an ebay bargain, a 70's Sanyo system that for barely anything from an old couple that had owned it since new. It was a separate turntable, amp/receiver and cassette deck, with all the original manuals! Took it to my local record store for a service and nothing had to be done it was in such good condition.

I've had a few different amps as I've gone along, currently got a Sony TA-1066 at the moment with the original turntable and a Plum DAB+ fm/digital radio plugged into it. I'm hoping to get the Yamaha CA-610 that was on the bottom of the pile out and working soon as it's a lot louder (that will be getting it's own thread shortly"

The speakers I have are two very old HMV ones in very heavy timber boxes and 2 Pioneer speakers that have square cones, have never seen them before or anywhere else.

Anyways hello and I will no doubt see you around on here.

Back
Top Bottom