Hello from North Seattle!

Qtronic

Hello everyone,
What a great place. I’ve been a lurker for so long it’s embarrassing, it’s time to get real!
First, a huge thank you to all the smart people on this forum who give their knowledge for the greater good. There have been so many times I’ve been digging through the insides of a piece of busted equipment and gotten stumped, only to turn to AK to find the answer.
I have an Associates Degree in electronics communications but alas my career took me in other directions and I got rusty after years of not utilizing my education. So many people here have helped me regain lost knowledge as I lurked through the years when I got heavy into audio equipment as a hobby.
And speaking of audio equipment, I’ve got SPHD. That is, Semi Professional Hoarder Disorder! In the ten years I’ve owned my house I’ve collected, collected more, and then more. I’ve got more audio equipment than anyone could need in a lifetime. I’ve been downsizing recently. In fact I sold a big Hafler amp to a member here last year. Sorry sir your name slips my mind at the moment but I hope that rig is serving you well!
Now I’m here to take part in this great community.
I’m partially compelled to be here because I’m about as lonely as I’ve ever been in my whole life and need some community to be involved with. My wife earned her PhD in speech and hearing sciences from the University of Washington this summer, and her and my 2 kids (10&7 year old boys) went to Munich Germany so she could do a post doctorate study at a university there. She was born and raised in Germany, so it’s a good chance for our kids to know her side of the family, her whole family is there. They’ve not even been gone a month yet and I seriously miss them. As for myself I’m a North Dakota native, Jamestown is my hometown, I moved to Seattle in 1997.
I recently had a great laugh from a member here who posted about cramming speakers into his Volvo 240 wagon, Volvo 240’s are what I drive! I have a sedan and wagon, and I do all of my own car maintenance, I know those cars inside out so any of you AKers who might drive the old bricks and need troubleshooting advice hit me up! All 2 or 3 of you that is.... who drives 30 plus year old cars? Not many of us!
I guess that’s enough for now, very happy to be here folks and I’m excited to be more involved.
Cheers, Quincy

Hello everyone,
What a great place. I’ve been a lurker for so long it’s embarrassing, it’s time to get real!
First, a huge thank you to all the smart people on this forum who give their knowledge for the greater good. There have been so many times I’ve been digging through the insides of a piece of busted equipment and gotten stumped, only to turn to AK to find the answer.
I have an Associates Degree in electronics communications but alas my career took me in other directions and I got rusty after years of not utilizing my education. So many people here have helped me regain lost knowledge as I lurked through the years when I got heavy into audio equipment as a hobby.
And speaking of audio equipment, I’ve got SPHD. That is, Semi Professional Hoarder Disorder! In the ten years I’ve owned my house I’ve collected, collected more, and then more. I’ve got more audio equipment than anyone could need in a lifetime. I’ve been downsizing recently. In fact I sold a big Hafler amp to a member here last year. Sorry sir your name slips my mind at the moment but I hope that rig is serving you well!
Now I’m here to take part in this great community.
I’m partially compelled to be here because I’m about as lonely as I’ve ever been in my whole life and need some community to be involved with. My wife earned her PhD in speech and hearing sciences from the University of Washington this summer, and her and my 2 kids (10&7 year old boys) went to Munich Germany so she could do a post doctorate study at a university there. She was born and raised in Germany, so it’s a good chance for our kids to know her side of the family, her whole family is there. They’ve not even been gone a month yet and I seriously miss them. As for myself I’m a North Dakota native, Jamestown is my hometown, I moved to Seattle in 1997.
I recently had a great laugh from a member here who posted about cramming speakers into his Volvo 240 wagon, Volvo 240’s are what I drive! I have a sedan and wagon, and I do all of my own car maintenance, I know those cars inside out so any of you AKers who might drive the old bricks and need troubleshooting advice hit me up! All 2 or 3 of you that is.... who drives 30 plus year old cars? Not many of us!
I guess that’s enough for now, very happy to be here folks and I’m excited to be more involved.
Cheers, Quincy
Welcome and please share your experience and knowledge as well as some pictures of your main listening room

Hello and Welcome from Europe! :)

I like these old Volvo's. Once I had a 740 - the successor of the 240...

Back
Top Bottom