Hello from Northern NJ!

Miwo

Hello everyone,

A little about myself: I recently graduated with my Bachelors from Rochester Institute of Technology and am now living in NJ and working fulltime :)

As far as audio, its a relatively new hobby for me and I enjoy learning as much as I can about it. After my Freshman year of college, I opened my eyes towards HiFi audio, coming from Computer Audio (ie Logitech Speakers, Plantronics Headsets... :no::no::no:). I sold my Logitech speakers, and pulled enough funds to piece together a very bottom budget system consisting of a refurb Onkyo TX-SR303 receiver, JBL E20 Northridge speakers, and an Advent subwoofer. Despite having this rag-tag system, I was completely floored when I compared it against my previous Logitech speakers. I havn't looked back and have been working on improving my setup since :)

On the topic of Vintage audio, I recently got a Harman Kardon HK430 Twin receiver after cleaning out my dads place. Compared to my Onkyo, I was amazed at the difference and warm lush sound I was hearing from what I thought was a 'junk' receiver. After stumbling onto AK, I'm quite surprised at what a large following Vintage Solid State has!

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself and hope to learn more about DIY stuff and restoring Vintage Amps here. There is a wealth of information, and it looks to be a lot friendlier than other popular forums. For once I am not seeing people being shot on sight for asking "stupid" questions, cables, speaker A vs Speaker B......the like :thmbsp:

Welcome Miwo and congratulations on graduating from RIT. Now you can make a living, pay off those student loans :)D) and satisfy the urge to buy Vintage equipment!

Welcome.....

I used to live in Morris County in northern NJ..........Beautiful country out there!

RIT-THAT ain't exactly chopped liver...Methinks this kid prolly Knows His Stuff...Anyhow, Welcome !!

Welcome! I grew up in Bergen County -- the most populous county in the state! I moved to make room for others! :D

Welcome aboard. i live in NJ in Bergen county. I grew up with the stuff you bought. Only now I can afford more of it. "Old stereos never die, they just get restored and change hands."

Back
Top Bottom