Hello from South Wales UK

TalYWaun

Hi All. New member here.

My trusty old Pioneer SA-9800 died recently (it had had a tough life, so that it lasted so long is a testament to how well built they were). Had a look at second hand prices and decided fixing it may be a better idea.

Will start a new thread covering the repair and hopefully the refurb. Have had a look at previous posts and am very grateful for the information.

One thing I have haven’t found is the PCB layout info, so my contribution will be to add this info as I work through the boards.

Regards

Mark

Hi All. New member here.

My trusty old Pioneer SA-9800 died recently (it had had a tough life, so that it lasted so long is a testament to how well built they were). Had a look at second hand prices and decided fixing it may be a better idea.

Will start a new thread covering the repair and hopefully the refurb. Have had a look at previous posts and am very grateful for the information.

One thing I have haven’t found is the PCB layout info, so my contribution will be to add this info as I work through the boards.

Regards

Mark

Welcome Mark! Service manual is available for download at hifiengine.com

My trusty old Pioneer SA-9800 died recently

Welcome Mark! I have my SA9800 in for service now...well worth it! If you're in S. Wales, you may recognize my Avatar...hint..it's in N Wales. Lots of family in Wales and W. Midlands. Always enjoy our trips over there.

Thanks for the welcome all, esp. Hajidub – will take a look.

Power board on the operating table (found about 5 dead transistors and a 48uF lytic reading 120pF!, so far):

sa-inwork.JPG

Welcome to AK, Mark. I have an SA-7800 (baby brother of your 9800) which was refurbed a couple of years ago. I love it. Know you’ll be happy when you complete the work on yours.
Bob

Back
Top Bottom