Hello from St Petersburg (FL)

MCdeltaT

Hi All. First post and look to be on here often. I'm a long time vinyl collector, DJ/produce for fun, and love music and vintage electronics.

For years, I've used this site for advice and found the best information/recommendations here...as opposed to other websites.

I just bought my first home (moved from California last year) and with it bought a pair of B&W speakers (683s). Soon after a friend came over with a Shure v15 type IV and my speakers sounded brilliant. I own the Shure M97xe and I will be selling it soon, as it doesn't work for me. It put a smile on my face which I couldn't whip off. I was hooked. Now I'm looking to further learn and optimize as I know there is still lots to improve on.

I have a Shure V15 iV coming soon. I also own the M44-7 (dj cart), which is colorful and definitely has its place. I also own a Grado F3+ cart which came from salvation army and will be using a multimeter to see if it works.

My phono stage is a Rane 56s and I have a forgettable (Denon 1300W) amp. I'm looking to improve both and will be looking to learn how to most efficiently get great sound. I have 2 refurbished technics 1200s (1 used for listening sessions) and a Pioneer PL-510a. That's it for hi-fi (ish) gear. I also bought a cheap phono stage built with the A310 board off-ebay ($20). It's semi-adjustable and it's been fun playing with it and learning...but the pre-amp in my Rane mixer is significantly better.

I hope to be apart of this community!

Mike

Welcome from Leesburg,Fl. This is a great place to learn. Enjoy!

Receivers/Amps; Dynaco,ST-70,Marantz 4270,2245,2220,Sansui G8700-DB, 5000X,Onkyo A-10,Sony STR-GX10
Speakers: DynacoA25,Ar-4,AR-2A,Ba-70,BA-150,Advent AOL,Klipsch KG4,KLH-6,KLH-17,JBL C-38 Pioneer CS-63DX,Fisher 105,EPI-10
Tape: Pioneer RT-707, Sony TC-K7030, Turntables: JVC QL-A7,JVC-F31, Dual 1219,Elac 10,Pioneer PL-400,pl-45D,Kenwood KD3070,Denon DP-23F

Welcome to the AK realm.

Man, with your background (already) having bitten by the Vint Bug, which motivates ya...you are going to be a complete fit in this site, man!

Looking forward for your shares.

Q

Welcome to the AK realm.

Man, with your background (already) having bitten by the Vint Bug, which motivates ya...you are going to be a complete fit in this site, man!

Looking forward for your shares.

Q

Thanks Quadman. Since I started the thread, I got my Shure V15 iV paired with a new VN45VL (vivid lines HE stylus from LPgear) and wow. I haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face and have been playing my records over again and hearing clarity and detail I never before heard!! When collecting vinyl, I always tried to buy the best quality pressings I could afford / get my hands on...and I think that effort is now going to pay off. I started considering the Jico neo SAS for my M97xe...though not sure if it's worth doing since I got the V15 all pimped out already...lol. I was going to sell the M97xe, but I'll hold onto it and maybe break it out in the future.

I'm looking for a budget ($200-$350) MM phono stage so I can get my DJ mixer out of the sound path. I except another significant bump from that.

McDeltaT

Back
Top Bottom