Hello from sunny Sofia

avataar

Hi! I'm new here and I thought I'd better introduce myself before I start asking about things. I found AK by googling about various components found in vintage amps and receivers and every time the forums were packed with useful advice and invaluable information. I have a strong background in programming, computational linguistics and I mostly gave up on the practical side of low-level DIY electronics when I discovered computers more than 20 years ago. Now I'm slowly getting back into it as a hobby, alongside a newly found interest in vintage audio equipment.

Looking forward to learning and sharing opinions!

Pavel

Welcome to AK, Pasha. Your English is very good, to good to be using an online translator app or service, e.g., Google. Did you spend time in a predominantly English-speaking state, e.g., the UK, Australia, and/or the USA?

In any event welcome to the AK boards.

Thank you for the kind words. I've visited all of these countries but never lived in any of them or any other English-speaking place. I just love languages and they come naturally to me. I speak other languages too, to a varying degree.

Welcome! Always curious about audio in other parts of the world. Looking forward to seeing your vintage finds.

My first find is a Kenwood KR-7070 in great cosmetic condition but it needs some work to bring it back to life. If you're curious have a look at this thread. Aside from the usual bells and whistles found on high-end vintage receivers that particular model has motorised auto-tuning, still impressive after almost 50 years!

Back
Top Bottom