Hello from the Boston area

bshorey

Hello all,

Long time audiophile, new AK member. Probably going through what a lot of you have gone through, I was big into audio in my teens and twenties, then it took a back seat for a while, to be reignited later in life. I helped put myself through school selling gear at Tech Hifi in the early 80's, that probably etched my fixation with Ohm Walsh speakers into my head..

Luckily, I held on to most of my gear, but I'm starting to pick up some new stuff to play with too.

Current stuff:

Carver CT9, CT 27 tuners
Carver TFM 35 amp
Heathkit AA-1640 amp
Dynaco ST-70 tube amp
Aiwa 6900 (x2) cassette
Aiwa 6900 mkII cassette
Sony PSX-55 turntable
SAE parametric eq
Ohm Walsh 2, Walsh 4, and F speakers
Quad ESL 63 Speakers
Klipshorn speakers
2 pairs Ohm C2 speakers (in the garage!)

And recently, a boatload of Infinity RS-1000/2000 speakers and modified Accurian amplifiers (35 wpc $19 close out at Radio Shack!) connected to *every* computer!

Anyhow, that's it for now. I'm looking forward to joining in the discussion and fun you guys seem to be having here.

bs

Welcome to AK!

Where in the area are you?

Got a few folk coming over on friday- maybe you'd want to stop by as well.

I'm located on the south Shore.

Welcome to AK!

Where in the area are you?

Got a few folk coming over on friday- maybe you'd want to stop by as well.

I'm located on the south Shore.

Holy smokes! What a quick and warm welcome, from so many!

I'm in Boxborough, which is kind of to the West.

Not sure about Friday yet, but thanks for the invite to a total stranger! I'll see if I can make a hole in my calendar. I'm in the process of building a proper listening room here, so hopefully some day I can host something as well.

Thanks all!

bs

Welcome bshorey!

Is that you in the Alfa?

I used to run up at NHIS back when it was Bryar Motorsports Park, in SS/GT. :banana:

I'm a sorta local to you, you'll find that there is a bunch of pretty good guys from the area, with a wide variety of interests in audio, from tube gear to home theater stuff! Every now and then we will try to get together and hang out, hopefully you will join in sometime!

Speaking of which, a few of us are going to a record show in Woburn, MA on Saturday, if you are not busy, come on down! Here is the info:

http://www.primatepromotions.com/_sgt/m8_1.htm

Maybe we will see you there!

Welcome to AK! That's quite a list of nice equipment.

Do you drive that Alfa at Limerock?

Welcome bshorey!

Is that you in the Alfa?

I used to run up at NHIS back when it was Bryar Motorsports Park, in SS/GT. :banana:

I'm a sorta local to you, you'll find that there is a bunch of pretty good guys from the area, with a wide variety of interests in audio, from tube gear to home theater stuff! Every now and then we will try to get together and hang out, hopefully you will join in sometime!

Speaking of which, a few of us are going to a record show in Woburn, MA on Saturday, if you are not busy, come on down! Here is the info:

http://www.primatepromotions.com/_sgt/m8_1.htm

Maybe we will see you there!

Tis I in the Alfa, enjoying my other hobby! The audio in that thing is fantastic, and it doesn't even have a functional radio!

I will join in some time, already got two invitations for this Friday and Saturday! What a great welcome from a group I joined less than 48 hours ago!

bs

Welcome to AK! That's quite a list of nice equipment.

Do you drive that Alfa at Limerock?

I've driven it at most of the tracks in the North East. It's not really my primary track car nowadays, our 2004 national convention was the first time I'd dusted it off in a few years, then it sat around some more until it got some use this year.

Alfas are like audio equipment, you can never have enough! ALFA stands for Always Looking For Another.

My best time at Lime Rock in that car is a 1:06 and change.

bs

Back
Top Bottom