Hello From The Center Of The Universe.....Really!!

BB767

Hi everyone,

I'm Thomas and after reading this forum for a while I've joined. I am the original owner of an Empire 598 II that I bought new in the early 1970's while in college. It is in excellent condition, all original except for the drive belt and needle and I use it frequently. I have retained all factory material, operations manual, small Empire screw driver etc it came with including the original factory shipping box and packing material.

Additionally I have a pair of 598 III's I've owned for more than 20 years. They too are all original, drive belts and needles being the only replaced items. Lastly I also own a modern, Sota Moonbeam TT. So as you can see, nothing exciting or exotic but all are well maintained and treasured.

Looking forward to my time here.

Also as you can see from the picture of the water tower in our small town in Illinois, I really do live in the Center Of The Universe!

Thomas

IMG_4979.JPG IMG_4980.JPG IMG_3928.jpg IMG_3924.jpgPhilo Water Towersm.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I'm Thomas and after reading this forum for a while I've joined. I am the original owner of an Empire 598 II that I bought new in the early 1970's while in college. It is in excellent condition, all original except for the drive belt and needle and I use it frequently. I have retained all factory material, operations manual, small Empire screw driver etc it came with including the original factory shipping box and packing material.

Additionally I have a pair of 598 III's I've owned for more than 20 years. They too are all original, drive belts and needles being the only replaced items. Lastly I also own a modern, Sota Moonbeam TT. So as you can see, nothing exciting or exotic but all are well maintained and treasured.

Looking forward to my time here.

Also as you can see from the picture of the water tower in our small town in Illinois, I really do live in the Center Of The Universe!

Thomas

View attachment 1088477 View attachment 1088478 View attachment 1088479 View attachment 1088482View attachment 1088515

Howdy Thomas!

Love that 598 ! I have one too. But since you've had it since new, you're the boss. :) How's your dynalift holding up ? What do you have behind those doors that them TTs are plugged into ?

I also like the theme of "yesterday and today" you've got going on there!

Howdy Thomas!

Love that 598 ! I have one too. But since you've had it since new, you're the boss. :) How's your dynalift holding up ? What do you have behind those doors that them TTs are plugged into ?

I also like the theme of "yesterday and today" you've got going on there!

What a great, warm, worldwide welcome. Thank you everyone.

On all 3 of the 598's the Dyna-lift works perfectly, smooth and sure. I always thought it was a clever, simple design. Pretty fool proof.

IMG_4994.jpg

That 598 II is old school on the left and at the time I bought the Sota a few years back, is was leading edge thinking. Around to the right of the Sota...

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4991.jpg

...is a VPI record cleaning machine. Not sure if you consider that old or new school?

I just finished building those solid black walnut shelves and cabinets a few months back so there isn't much in the lower cabinets yet, but I do have a Denon DCM-340 multiple CD player tucked away in one of them.

IMG_4995.jpg

One of the other 598 III's (seen on top of a record cabinet, top left) will be used on my main system downstairs.
IMG_4990.jpg

So you can see it's a real mixed bag of equipment in my upstairs office area. I'm sure it's not all to everyone's taste but it's a space and equipment I like to spend time in and with.

Thomas

Back
Top Bottom