Hello from the Paris of Appalachia

10db-down

I’ve been a casual home audio enthusiast all my life my love for music and music reproduction has been a wonderful inheritance passed down from my great grandfather through the generations
Me personally I shy away from calling myself a home audio audiophile I’m way too green when it comes to acoustic applications & equipment for personal home use...that’s why I’ve decided to join this forum to meet and learn.
My background in audio professionally goes back now 20 years in the professional audio and production services in the entertainment industry
From designing folded horn subs to multi ported traps, from Meyer line arrays to Ashley amps from Neumann to earthworks mics
I’ve been lately devoting more time going through this forum and have realized my desire to develop my home audio experience to a level of personal enjoyment I can appreciate
In the past I favored video over audio for my free time in entertainment but now I’m going back to my younger days with memories of quadraphonic and Advent’s
I promise to do my best to take this opportunity to learn more about home audio and keep my EAW & dbx opinions gated
Cheers

Welcome.

Where is the Paris of Appalachia? Is it actually a town named Paris? (there are lots of those in the US)

Welcome.

Where is the Paris of Appalachia? Is it actually a town named Paris? (there are lots of those in the US)

Think it's a nickname for Pittsburgh PA

330px-SmithfieldBridge-Szmurlo.jpg

... anyway welcome to AK.

Use to go to the burgh about three times a year ... Ikea (breakfast), Jerry's Records & others. Mostly legacy record hunting trips
Last two years ... only once per. Great City. :trebon:

Back
Top Bottom