Hello from the UK

MP984

I have been lurking on AK for a couple of weeks so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I've recently taken an interest in vintage hifi. I'm one of the few people who still plays cassettes (and makes mix tapes), and earlier this year invested hard-earned cash in a fully serviced Nakamichi Dragon. Which is great.

I've also bought a Sony TA-F7 VFET amplifier, which was restored by the previous owner (including a recap). I'm not a technical expert, but I gather that replacement VFETs are very difficult to find, so if one blows then it's probably curtains for the amp. At the moment it sounds great, however if anyone knows an expert Sony VFET technician in the UK then do let me know (I would like to keep it serviced periodically). Or please advise me which section of AK I should post that question in.

Lastly I'm very much hoping to add a Sansui AU to my very small collection, probably an AU-919 or AU-X1. I've only just started looking in earnest, though (and they aren't cheap).

Welcome to AK!

For the Sony amplifier - post your questions in 'Solid State' - for questions regarding Sansui AU amplifiers, post in 'Exclusively Sansui'. ;)

Welcome to AK.

You're so right on anything good is pricey, unless you stumble into a deal wherein the seller has not background, which are few and far between today, eh?

Q

Back
Top Bottom