Hello from Wisconsin!

grnhays

First time poster, long time lurker. Just signed up to the Forum today I've been picking through threads, educating myself for the last few months. I got into albums and TT's about a year ago.

I bought a AT-LP120, and have done a few upgrades. I just purchased a Marantz 2235b for the TT. Pretty excited about that! That blue is mesmerizing. Now I'm researching speakers for the receiver. The fun never ends. I love getting sucked down these rabbit holes.

I'm also intrigued by Horsepower and Computer Controlled Christmas lights. Any questions, feel free to ask

Welcome to AK.

And ya, if you hang around long enough, that Vint Bug will bite you! :music:

Take yer time on the selection of speakers based on what genre of music you listen to, space avail and what power you're dealing with.

Q

Hiya grnhayes,

I have the same Marantz 2235b so I'm wondering what speakers you ended up with? I have some Vintage Polk Audio Monitor 5B Bookshelf Speakers (I can't see the difference between the 5 and 5b's) that I think it's time to upgrade.
thanks =)

First time poster, long time lurker. Just signed up to the Forum today I've been picking through threads, educating myself for the last few months. I got into albums and TT's about a year ago.

I bought a AT-LP120, and have done a few upgrades. I just purchased a Marantz 2235b for the TT. Pretty excited about that! That blue is mesmerizing. Now I'm researching speakers for the receiver. The fun never ends. I love getting sucked down these rabbit holes.

Where would we be without these rabbit holes

Hiya grnhayes,

I have the same Marantz 2235b so I'm wondering what speakers you ended up with? I have some Vintage Polk Audio Monitor 5B Bookshelf Speakers (I can't see the difference between the 5 and 5b's) that I think it's time to upgrade.
thanks =)

Where would we be without these rabbit holes

I ended up with a whole slew of speakers. I started with some HPM-100’s. Then switched to a pair of JBL L100’s. I then replaced the JBL’s with a pair of Dynaco A25’s. I finally settled with a pair of ADS L880’s, which I love.

Welcome, dig in, learn, & become addicted! I've the same tt, but it also has USB out, & switchable preamp. Bought at a/t warehouse sale some years ago, just unpacked & activated in December. Why did I wait? I discovered this site while laid off & fell in head-first! Out came the accumulated goodies, now am rehabbing my fisher tube gear with info from this site. A godsend! :bigok:

Back
Top Bottom