Hello fron Sunny Iraq

I suppose I gotta ask...What do them bad boys have in them for sound systems?...:D Ever get any requests for sound system upgrades?

As a group I wonder if we as AK'ers can figure out a method of sending you and some of the boys some vintage sound gear to help pass the time? Any ideas? I'd be happy to kick into a fund or donate something gear wise....:thmbsp:

Give the gift of music, right?

As a group I wonder if we as AK'ers can figure out a method of sending you and some of the boys some vintage sound gear to help pass the time? Any ideas? I'd be happy to kick into a fund or donate something gear wise....:thmbsp:

Give the gift of music, right?

Don't know about vintage but that might be a perfect application for a T-amp and some smallish high efficiency speakers.

Ray

Hey Zinker

What are you listening to over there? Need any tunes? My daughter just sent you guys some popcorn and cookies.

Stay safe.
Carl

Hey guys, Thanks for all the good thoughts, before I left I downloaded a butt load of music from Limewire......

Got a laptop with logitech speakers....Certainly NOT my 4300 with stacked Imperial 7's.....But I'll live.....

Keeping it real in Iraq:banana::banana::banana:

Good job, Zinker...........

If you're working on tanks, you must have access to FedLog or Haystack. If you do, look this Federal Stock number up: 8415-01-074-9432

I have some locked up in a file cabinet somewhere. I'll send you a souvineir when you get back home.

Larry

Great to hear from you Zinker.........Post early and often (like we vote here in Chicago)...

Good luck and Thank You.

Not sure how I missed this one, but here's wishing you a speedy and safe return. Thank-you for keeping our guys safe and our enemies unsafe.

And from an ex grunt to a ex DAT, keep your head down.

I'm going to hoist a beer for you tonight, sir. Thanks for all the work you do. Please be sure to tell those who are serving over there that we're all grateful for everything they are doing to keep us safe over here.

"Never have so many, owed so much, to so few"
Winston Churchill

Thank you for your service to our country.

Stay safe Zinker! With any luck, we'll see you home soon!:yes: Hopefully, we won't think those WMD's are really in Iran. Brad

Zinker First let me say Bless you and all who serve. I think you might be able to make some sweeeeet trades for those RPGs and AKs. Come on guys an old Marantz for a Kalashnikov. LOL Stay safe my friend

May the Holy One bless you and keep you , and make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you and give you peace.

Keep your head down and make many Iraqi friends. It is for them that you are there...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Again thanks all,
I really get to see first hand what's happening here....MANY good things, trully stupid things also. But ANYTIME you mix two dramaticaly different ways of life that happens...Safe to say that the Iraqis that were rich under SH don't like us and the ones that were being killed 24/7 love us.I don't like it one bit when an American dies here, but I believe it's worth the effort...In the long run....Hell it took over 20,000 Allied casualties just to get on the shores of Europe to free it from the Nazis, and they were only in power 12 years..SH had a good 30 to screw this place up....

But damn I miss my 4300......

Peace:banana::banana::banana:

Zinker said:

Is there a way to send a receiver and speakers over there for you guys to listen to?

If so, I will throw in a Marantz 2220B.

Last edited:
Good on ya

Again thanks all,
I really get to see first hand what's happening here....MANY good things, trully stupid things also. But ANYTIME you mix two dramaticaly different ways of life that happens...Safe to say that the Iraqis that were rich under SH don't like us and the ones that were being killed 24/7 love us.I don't like it one bit when an American dies here, but I believe it's worth the effort...In the long run....Hell it took over 20,000 Allied casualties just to get on the shores of Europe to free it from the Nazis, and they were only in power 12 years..SH had a good 30 to screw this place up....

Peace:banana::banana::banana:

G'day Zinker & good on ya:thmbsp:,
It's good that you can see the big piture. It's good to hear that there are many good things happening. I hope that things will get better soon. To all the guys overthere, I hope that you all get to go home soon and thanks for trying to make the world a safer place. The world did change in 2001, that I will NEVER forget.
I hope you get back to your 4300 ASAP:music:.

snow

Back
Top Bottom