Hello my name is "nu2dis" :)

Just an update... I think I fell in the rabbit hole quite rapidly on this one. I met my new drug dealer (LOL) - Mike @ Hudson Valley Hifi (www.hudsonvalleyhifi.com). He was more than helpful and was really patient with my rookie questions. After a weekend of going back and forth, I know have a fully recapped and restored Marantz 2270 and a pair of brand spanking new Klipsch Heresy III's in cherry finish - matches my 2270 wood cab quite well.

IMG_2154.JPG

IMG_2132 (1).JPG
IMG_2135.jpg
IMG_2139.jpg

Mike let me experiment and paired up my turntable with everything from a pair of Klipsch Heritage "The Sixes" (which sound good but not so good with the vinyl) and he let me bring my turntable to listen to it with the Marantz and the big Klipsch.

IMG_2127.JPG

At the end of the day, he showed me how my table, how ever great it looks, was not one to have if you want hifi. He loaned me a Uturn Orbit and the difference was night and day. Stairway to Heaven sounded so muffled with the old table and it sounded so much better with the uTurn.

He also hooked me up with an Audioquest Beetle DAC that I hooked up in my 2270's AUX input.

IMG_2151.JPG

My son ended grabbing the 901's and I might end up giving him the Pioneer 510 as well. I am now saving up for the Marantz TT-15 to pair up with its ancestor, the 2270. After that, I should be done.

Any advice or tips, recommendations/feedback, highly sought after. :)

Are these pictures at your home, or at the hi-fi shop? Seriously, it looks great! If it sounds as good as it looks, you are going to get years of enjoyment from it.

Welcome to AK.

Well, you've more than dipped yer toe into the listening world and have been infected with the Vint Virus.

Great gear to date.:thumbsup:

Q

Thank you guys! These are taken at home and will be my listening area. :) My wife loves the aesthetics and I love the sound. I love the Klipsch Heresy's paired with the 2270, they sound awesome. Clear and precise, a tad on the dark side which I personally prefer over the bright speakers.

The U-turn Orbit table is a loaner and will be returning soon. That's just Mike's way of showing me what I can spend my money with. I should just have a payroll deduction to his shop! I'm saving up my pennies for the Marantz TT-15, hopefully for Christmas.

@25265 - sorry, I'm a little slow, I just got that - good one! LOL

Back
Top Bottom