Hello

Matt Black

Full disclosure... I posted this in the Solid State forum yesterday, but just now noticed the intro forum so I'm cross posting it here!

Joined up a while ago when looking for a vintage turntable as a gift for my son. I found him a Pioneer PL-41 in decent shape for a decent price on CL and in the process kind of got interested in vintage gear myself. Not really a surprise as I'm interested in vintage cars, motorcycles, boats, furniture etc...etc... Not that I have the $$ to pursue any of that... Other than the PL-41 (which I sadly and somewhat reluctantly handed over to my son this past Christmas) my only other equipment of a certain age was a pair of Realistic Nova 6's I have connected to a modern Yamaha receiver for the TV and Blu Ray. Which I didn't even realize were "vintage" until I stumbled across a thread on them here on AK. Then this past weekend, when poking around my Father in Law's basement I came across a Yamaha CR1020 that had been collecting dust (literally, my FiL does a lot of woodworking) on a shelf for the last 30 years. So now I'm back to studying the forums...

Welcome Matt
I'd say you are in a good place for vintage. If you look hard enough you'll also find threads on vintage bikes, cars and books. There may be others. I'm interested in hearing how the Yammy receiver works out for you.

Back
Top Bottom