Help A Newb Calculate Capacitors?

Did you find that capacitor on the schematic? What number is it? Are you measuring voltage on the capacitors?

Thanks
Ok
Where is the cap that you feel is bad
We I (we can't find on the parts list or the schematic?

Just so i can oriented properly . From pics (it is difficult to see). The negative side of the cap is grounded? The (+) side appears to attach to the tag strip with the 2 rectangular power resistors, though i can't see quite how. If you could clear that up and tell me the values of the 2 resistors, i can figure out what we're looking at.

Yes i have the schematic from digital docs open. I want you to read the values of the 2 resistors so i can find them in the drawing (thinking cap has different value in drawing).

Oh S/N may help S/M id for a certain series, there could have been documented (or undocumented changes)

Yes i have the schematic from digital docs open. I want you to read the values of the 2 resistors so i can find them in the drawing (thinking cap has different value in drawing).

The two power resistors are 100 ohms & 220 ohms. The capacitor does not match the drawing, it's 40 in reality and 50 in the schematic.

Which if i follow what you believe implies voltages are low at load side of R 302, 303, 304, 305.
I'm still somewhat curious how (why ?) you decided it was that cap. I'm not saying it isn't. I just want to follow your thought process.

Which if i follow what you believe implies voltages are low at load side of R 302, 303, 304, 305.
I'm still somewhat curious how (why ?) you decided it was that cap. I'm not saying it isn't. I just want to follow your thought process.

Yeah, it's been a while since I did so details are hazy, but the diagram I made from looking at the circuit seemed to match this area. And I believe that just a little further down the diagram is the power going to the preamp, which reads low or non-existent, as does the output of this capacitor.

Here's the thing. The cap is part of a greater PS network. While no voltages are given right at it, you should be able to read the ones shown in the drawing. If the cap were shorted you'd be blowing fuses. If a resistor blew open you'd lose everything. (they tend to drift high if they drift but PS wirewounds usually are pretty stable. If the voltages are low cap could be leaky ( i tend to doubt) the circuit its feeding could have an issue and be dragging it down. There's no harm in changing the cap. I'm just not following the method, that made you think its bad.

Back
Top Bottom