Help! FEDEX totally detroyed my used Aperion 522d-LR speakers

The seller did not get them to your door undamaged. The seller has to handle a claim with FedEx. He will need pics of box or boxes plus the cabinet pics from you....to send to FedEx. They will review and usually very good about cutting a check.

Chit happens with loaders and drivers. I have had two claims with FedEx as a seller and they paid for everything plus shipping the damaged goods back to me.

You file a claim with EBay and get your money back. The damaged speakers are the sellers problem...not yours.

Like has been said already, bubble wrap is not that good of a protectant when a lot a weight is in involved, they should have been bubble wrapped, extra cardboard in front of the speakers and Styrofoam all the way around. These people who think they can ship an anvil wrapped in bubble wrap and dropped in a box shouldn't be packing anything for shipment.
When I pack anything I pack it tight with plenty of padding and if I can pick it up and shake it and feel or hear it move, it gets repacked before it goes anywhere.
Sorry this happened to you, I KNOW how you feel and it's just makes your heart drop. Get on their rear and make sure someone pays for this, it's THERE responsibility.
The guy who packed it more so.

Something smells funny here, I've shipped several speaker pairs much, much larger than these via FedEx with no damage. These Aperion 522d-LR speakers don't appear anywhere on eBay. Which auction site did you purchase them from?

the front of the speaker was still attached to the cabinet but behind the speaker the magnet and coil were ripped apart sitting inside the bottom of the cabinet .if the speaker frame was metal instead of plastic it might have survived the fall.I took the screws off to release the cone part to see what was rattling in the box when I picked it up. the box itself doesnt show much damage.

I had a shipment of 6 of these woofers and 4 of them came with cracked cast metal frames,
that's a big heavy magnet! Supplier sent a shipping label to take them back and sent new ones:
TANG-BAND-W6.jpg

Cast frames are more susceptible to cracking from rough handling. They need significant protection during shipment to prevent this from happening.
That being said, bubble wrap does work for packing IF you use enough of it in the packing process. There is a proper way to limit G forces from damaging your shipment, even using bubble wrap.

FedEx isn’t going to cover the damage as there has to be 2 inches of real packing material on every side, bubble wrap doesn’t count. The seller will have to eat this one.

I find it hard to believe there was enough bubble wrap to prevent the sort of damage shown. The speakers I've shipped were over 50 lbs each and there was no damage,

Darkblue94 said it, file a "not as described" claim, if the seller refuses to help. Most of the time if you send the seller pictures of the damage, seller will just issue a refund to your PP account. If seller does not respond or throws a fit, then file a claim, you WILL get your money back, can almost guarantee it. Have been on eBay over 20 years and been on both sides of the issue. Sellers are responsible for getting the package to you undamaged, whether insurance was purchased or not. Some sellers do not understand that, and try to make the buyer pay for insurance.

FedEx isn’t going to cover the damage as there has to be 2 inches of real packing material on every side, bubble wrap doesn’t count. The seller will have to eat this one.

Not true...both claims I had packaging with only one inch pink styro. Never a mention of a minimum. Sent check and letter saying they were sorry for not providing professional service.

FEDEX said to contact the original shipper I'll see what they can do on their end. I may or may not get my money back but I would like some idea how to replace the speaker with something at least as good. not sure what to look for besides the 5.25" size .is it a woofer ,full range or what.the box doesnt show much damage , a crumpled corner is all.
You have the box and packing? Show us a photo of that. YOu need to and do it right now open a damaged item claim through Ebay.
FedEx is going to F***K you, don't ask me how i know. Don't let the seller do the same because he didn't pack it to FedEx standards.. Even then like Walmart they have Lawyers to F**K you as well. Don't ask how i know..
The seller is an idiot as far as i can see, he just slipped them in a box that the speakers just barely fit in. May as well taped them together label them and ship them off.

Last edited:
Not true...both claims I had packaging with only one inch pink styro. Never a mention of a minimum. Sent check and letter saying they were sorry for not providing professional service.

It's on their site and now 3 inches.

"Place 3 inches of cushioning — packing peanuts, air cellular cushioning,
corrugated fiberboard, foam pads or molded plastic — on the bottom,
top and sides."

Back
Top Bottom