Help! Fisher 290 receiver?

milodane91

New member, but long time reader.

I need help identifying my receiver, it is a Fisher 290, labeled as part of the "custom component series". Purchased on eBay about 2 years ago for about $30. It's been the center of my stereo for a couple of years as a budget option until I can upgrade. Seems to sound and perform great, driving jbl towers.

However I can't find any information about this model, it seems as though it never existed. Only thing I can find is the 290-t, which is an older console stereo. I would like to find some specs or power output at least so I can gauge how my speakers handle amps of certain power. Thanks for any help or anyone who has info on this receiver!

20170802_174653.jpg

20170802_174708.jpg

From the looks of it, it was made probably in the time frame from 1972 to 1974. It'll have a made in xxxxxx on the label in back. Either Hong Kong or Japan. Unfortuneately there doesn't seem to be much if anything online about it. If I were to Hazard a guess it's probably putting out about 15-25watts per channel. Other than that, it's anyone's guess. Your best bet is to put in a search for the Fisher on E-bay and filter thru all the 290-T stuff.

New member, but long time reader.

I need help identifying my receiver, it is a Fisher 290, labeled as part of the "custom component series". Purchased on eBay about 2 years ago for about $30. It's been the center of my stereo for a couple of years as a budget option until I can upgrade. Seems to sound and perform great, driving jbl towers.

However I can't find any information about this model, it seems as though it never existed. Only thing I can find is the 290-t, which is an older console stereo. I would like to find some specs or power output at least so I can gauge how my speakers handle amps of certain power. Thanks for any help or anyone who has info on this receiver!

View attachment 978347

View attachment 978348

Can you post a picture of the rear panel of that receiver?

Back
Top Bottom