Help - I can't have speaker stands!

That is a seriously and thoughtfully decorated room. I am be very serious here. I wish my LR looked that thought out.

I would retreat and stake out another room for my audio indulgences. Buy whatever you want just don't put it in the f'in living room approach.

Just a thought.

Vibrapods and cones in conjunction with each other look like they might work... Have you any experience of using them yourself?

Just to cause trouble you could man up and buy the stands you really want :naughty: although it looks like you have a really nice house and it would be a shame to loose it:rflmao:
Ha ha! It's my wife who made it look so nice. I've got to play ball with her a little bit!

Bob, are you using these speakers for TV watching or enjoying music? ATC's are some serious no compromise speakers and they demand a serious no compromise solution to this dilemma.
Hi... Both really, but only the TV because I run everything through my Mac Mini which can connect through my DAC to the amp without any hassle. I am only concerned here with listening to music though...

I'd be concerned about that sideboard having some resonances, even if you decouple from it, just by proximity. I'd probably put some other speakers there, quit worrying about it, and put the good stuff in the man cave where you're the boss. You do have a place where you're the boss, don't you?
Hi... Ideally yes, I'd do that, bit I've only really got a room up two flights of stairs that it could go in. I'd need to buy something else to go in its place. I suppose I also like sitting in there - it's where we both chill out.

Hi... Both really, but only the TV because I run everything through my Mac Mini which can connect through my DAC to the amp without any hassle. I am only concerned here with listening to music though...
I was just wondering on that one because those speakers would be serious overkill if used primarily for watching the idiot box, hella good for the tunes though.:)

I was just wondering on that one because those speakers would be serious overkill if used primarily for watching the idiot box, hella good for the tunes though.:)
Tell me about it! I have never had such a revelation as the first time I heard them. Until I heard the SCM50s of course ha ha!

Vibrapods and cones in conjunction with each other look like they might work... Have you any experience of using them yourself?

Nope, never used them. Never had the need. I have a nice wife.

:D

SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!SPEAKER STANDS MATTER!

(I have floor standers in the living room and speaker stands in my man cave.)

Hmmm, as an architect I think the TV is far less appealing than the speakers could ever be.
It looks like there is some interest in MCM pieces there so maybe go that direction and find some tulip stands to place them on. Would be a very nice look and good scale.

What about two "floating shelves" of say 1.75" thick (Cherry, Mahogany) whatever that wood is or a dark contrasting hardwood perhaps. Make them just slightly larger than the boxes and float them a inch above the cab top. Hopefully there would be at least one stud behind each... There are really nice heavy duty floating shelf brackets from some welders out there.

Is your TV on the wall? Otherwise, what about a floating shelf that is exactly as wide as your cabinet / sideboard and float that with the TV wall mounted another inch above the shelf?

If Sorbothane is used, a caution. It can react with wood finishes and leave a stain. I have half spheres 2-1/2" dia. on bottom of a turntable. But have adhesive back felt dots on bottom where would contact wood.

The Auralex monitor "pads" come in a couple different sizes and are 2 piece. The are designed so you can adjust the angle the speakers so they point where you want. Check out the sizes available vs. your speakers and available area. If she does not mind the speakers where they are, this only adds an couple inches in height to the existing look. Pretty sure you will not have any vibrations down through them as there is 2 layers of there acoustic foam.

Back
Top Bottom