HELP! I think i blew my vitage sony stereo amplifier fh 15r

I'm quite sure you could probably buy a similar unit locally for 30 bucks........... Garage sale, Craigslist?

It's not really a spectrum analyzer as we here know a spectrum analyzer to be. My Fisher EQ has what I believe to be a true analyzer in the sense that it shows each of the frequencies bouncing no matter where the EQ controls are set. In other words, if no music is playing, my 50Hz control does not show any movement on the display when I move it all the way up or down. The display only shows any movement when music is playing. Plus it has a VR display, not LED's.

There's probably a better explanation out there, but this is the best one I got. :rockon:

Not doubting you but show us a good pic of the front of your unit. A lot of these displays and terminology's they use are marketing ploys so you really have to know your stuff about electronics and gear before going gung ho on something because it has pretty lights. :cool:

Last edited:
Mmm... Banned from eBay for doing sketchy stuff. Comes here asking for help then gets rude about answers he receives. I suggest we call is jacked up amp Karma and move on....

It's not really a spectrum analyzer as we here know a spectrum analyzer to be. My Fisher EQ has what I believe to be a true analyzer in the sense that it shows each of the frequencies bouncing no matter where the EQ controls are set. In other words, if no music is playing, my 50Hz control does not show any movement on the display when I move it all the way up or down. The display only shows any movement when music is playing. Plus it has a VR display, not LED's.

There's probably a better explanation out there, but this is the best one I got. :rockon:

Not doubting you but show us a good pic of the front of your unit. A lot of these displays and terminology's they use are marketing ploys so you really have to know your stuff about electronics and gear before going gung ho on something because it has pretty lights. :cool:
Yeah I totally agree. Especially its these 80's boomboxes that have a lot of gimmicky stuff and marketing ploys.

Mmm... Banned from eBay for doing sketchy stuff. Comes here asking for help then gets rude about answers he receives. I suggest we call is jacked up amp Karma and move on....
Sorry, I didn't know what I said earlier could have come off as rude. I guess you're just very soft. I was banned on eBay because of a business I had selling modified Xbox consoles that you can play any game for free on and it turned out that it was against copyright laws on eBay since you could get free games which led to me being blocked. Not sketchy at all. I am thankful for the helpful replies that I got.

Sorry, I didn't know what I said earlier could have come off as rude. I guess you're just very soft. I was banned on eBay because of a business I had selling modified Xbox consoles that you can play any game for free on and it turned out that it was against copyright laws on eBay since you could get free games which led to me being blocked. Not sketchy at all. I am thankful for the helpful replies that I got.

You seriously think that's not sketchy at all? And you had no idea that modding something to let you play games for free was illegal?

I advise you to just stop talking.

I'm quite sure you could probably buy a similar unit locally for 30 bucks........... Garage sale, Craigslist?
Yeah somewhere in the world you probably could. I've been searching local craigslist for over a year now and eBay as well and finally ran into one of these (I was following the search for over a year). I also bought Sony APM d950 speakers to match the boombox (since they are bookshelf speakers they're a bit taller but would match the height of the boombox since i was planning on putting Sony's CD player on top of it) and they cracked during shipping so I'll need to fix the wood. Huh. Bad luck everywhere haha.

What's sketchy about it? Are you the type of person who thinks all Halloween candy contain needles ready to get lodged in your throat?

What the F does Halloween have to do with copyright infringement?

Anyway I'd try to explain why it's wrong to you more but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get it.

What the F does Halloween have to do with copyright infringement?

Anyway I'd try to explain why it's wrong to you more but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get it.
Of course you didn't understand what I meant with that halloween analogy. I was basically saying that you're the type of person who gets sketched out about everything. Maybe we have different understandings of what 'sketchy' is

Sorry, I didn't know what I said earlier could have come off as rude. I guess you're just very soft. I was banned on eBay because of a business I had selling modified Xbox consoles that you can play any game for free on and it turned out that it was against copyright laws on eBay since you could get free games which led to me being blocked. Not sketchy at all.
Were those "free games" titles that anyone without a modded Xbox would normally have to pay for?

If so, you were facilitating violation of copyright and theft of intellectual property. That's sketchy.

You can play games on that thing? Seems like about 2 innings of softball or a couple volleys of badminton would pretty much trash it.
Little kids dont buy them to get free games. However, it can run free games. Little kids waste their money on them so they can cheat in game because they need to be the the best...

Games for the xbox 360 cost like 5 bucks today. Anyone here ever downloaded mp3 music for free via youtube2mp3 or do you guy guys pay for that too?

Back
Top Bottom