Help ID some speakers

Bigyank

Long time Member
Subscriber
Not a lot to go on. Pair of speakers in Phila, PA owner will not open them.

Yank

Could be a goldmine or could be squat but if they are cheap take a chance.

Just think if there is a pair of 755's in there :thmbsp:

Any pix of the back?
Any more info?? Is that top hole a port or a recessed tweeter?

The cabs look to be quality, so I doubt if the speakers are dogs. Could be any of a number of drivers in there if it's a kit; EV, Jensen, University, Altec, JBL, etc..

Grab bag, I love it!

What could it be? Grunt CTS? Middle of the road Altec or EV? Univeristy? JBL? Tannoy???

Cheers,
Russ

I am going to go with Bozak I can kinda see what looks to be 2 shiny things in the middle of the woofer perhaps dustcaps. Looks like a variant of the B302

Black painted. Same type of speaker terminal types as my Klipsch Heresy's. Owner says for 50.00, he isn't going to take the time. 24"W x 16"D x 32"H in oak. I was leaing toward Bozak myself. Anyway, one more pic....

As gyusher says nail them puppies !

They are very likely Bozaks! If they are they can be resold at a major profit. If they aren't you have a decent set of end/night tables that are worth considerably more than that.

Cost 50 bucks for a carton of smokes here. I wouldn't even blink at paying 50 for those and thats without knowing what the hell they are.

Toasted Almond said:
Now THERE'S a great idea! Offer him a carton of smokes for them John!

And if that don't work, offer him some nylons and chocolate bars! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I say offer 2 packs of smokes and three Baby Ruth's. Now if hes kinda funny maybe just a pack or Nylons will do. Hell he may go for it ! :)

Smokes

Cigs are going up 80cents a pack in Ohio after the first. . . I hear MI is already over 7 bucks a pack. :yikes: . . I remember saying I will quit as soon as they reach 50 cents. . . . now almost 4 bucks on a deal. . .

I hear them Canadian smokes are big in the black market. . . :yikes:

Smokes on average are about $5.00 a pack in my area. Got a little place thats about $4.56.

I now order mine from Russia for 16.00 a Carton to my door. I hear Cig taxes are going up all around the world soon so I'm sure this will end soon.

Contacted the owner and will most likely be mine after the new year. Also found this pic of a Wharfedale W-70 which seemed similar:

Yank

Back
Top Bottom