Help ID this Pioneer Turntable

Jbmorrey

so I found this turntable available to purchase, problem is I am having trouble finding much information on it. It looks like an Empire type Turntable, but is obviously marked as a Pioneer PL-7, however all lp-7 matches I find reference a later date silver turntable. I want to know what to expect, is this a good quality turntable or a Frankenstein-table that someone has put together. What might be the value of it and how would it rank against an empire type table? Thanks so much for any bit of information on this.

IMG_1682.PNG

And this one is idler driven, and a 1960's model before Pioneer equipment really began selling in high numbers in the USA, most of these early models came home from Vietnam during that era, many bought in Asian PX and Audio Clubs.

so I found this turntable available to purchase, problem is I am having trouble finding much information on it. It looks like an Empire type Turntable, but is obviously marked as a Pioneer PL-7, however all lp-7 matches I find reference a later date silver turntable. I want to know what to expect, is this a good quality turntable or a Frankenstein-table that someone has put together. What might be the value of it and how would it rank against an empire type table? Thanks so much for any bit of information on this.
]

Pioneer PL-7
http://audio-heritage.jp/PIONEER-EXCLUSIVE/player/pl-7.html

My came with Pioneer receiver (14 watt) and small book self speakers as entry level component set. :music:

Thanks everyone for the links, so it's apparent that this is a rare turntable, but how does it compare to say an Empire Trubadore or that level of turntables?

Thanks everyone for the links, so it's apparent that this is a rare turntable, but how does it compare to say an Empire Trubadore or that level of turntables?

It compares favorably. Id love to find one someday. Right now i have its little brother the PL-6A

Attachments

• IMG_2615.JPG
    IMG_2615.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom