1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Help Identify Parts

Discussion in 'Yamaha' started by miklemke, Oct 4, 2018.

1. miklemke

miklemke AK Subscriber Subscriber

IMG_3735.jpg These are parts from the meter driver board of a Yamaha PC2002M. On the schematic, they are listed as 10 ohm resistors. I can't say that I've seen resistors that look like this before. They look like capacitors to me. Both are toast, so I need to replace them, but want to make sure I use the correct parts. If they are resistors would metal film 10 ohm resistors be OK?

Thanks

Please register to disable this ad.

2. KingBubba

KingBubba "Too Much Stuff" Subscriber

I would be suspicious of just replacing the resistors/caps. Something on one side or the other of these components has caused their death. Wait for further advice before proceeding. AK member avionic is sort of the Yamaha guru here. Hopefully he will arrive and help you suss this out correctly. You might start a private conversation with him to speed up the process. It is better to continue here in your thread as other members can learn from your issues. Good luck to you.

OMGCat! likes this.
  3. avionic

avionic " Black Knights " Subscriber

Those are metalized film resistors. J is the tolerence code. +/- 5%

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  4. avionic

Vishay RN

5. avionic

The C-2a is packed full of these type of resistors but they are brown in color. Photo courtesy of milo63

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    milo63 likes this.
  6. miklemke

miklemke AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks Avionic and KingBubba. I had another thread on this amp. When I originally got it both of the 15V fuses were blown. I did a complete recap and also removed the Sony glue. There were some components Resitors and diodes that were damaged by the glue. Once that was taken care of, the amp worked great with the exception of the meters (the meter board has both + and - 15vdc supplied). I guess whatever caused the fuses to blow also fried the resistors. I did put in two 10 ohm metal film resistors and the meters are working fine now.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. avionic

I've been following that thread.:biggrin:

8. KingBubba

KingBubba "Too Much Stuff" Subscriber

Damn Sansui Glue!!! :mad: