help in choosing FS

SEANDSILVA

Hello FMs, am on the lookout for a decent pair of Floorstanders for a cousin who is only into music ( CDs & LPs only). No Movies / HT at all.. We've been doing a bit of research online and have short-listed a few probable contenders below that we found interesting... no demos done yet. Must mention that we're looking at floor standers with a warmer signature, speakers whose acoustic presence will disappear in the living room with room filling sound, good reproduction across low/mids/high and high sensitivity.
I welcome and would appreciate suggestions and advice from the experts on this forum..thanks a ton in advance :)

DALI ZENSOR 7

ELAC DEBUT F6

MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE 5 or 6

SVS PRIME TOWER

KEF Q500 or Q700

POLK AUDIO RTI A7

JAMO C95

EMOTIVA AIRMOTIV T1

YAMAHA NS-777

XTZ SPIRIT 11

KLIPSCH R26F

TANNOY ECLIPSE 3

inadvertently missed out on adding these contenders to the list..

PSB IMAGINE X1T
BOSTON ACOUSTICS A360
EPOS K2
CASTLE KNIGHT 5

I have compiled this list with a budget of around 100000 INR for a pair ... Any suggestions from FMs?

Polk’s TSi/RTi speakers are a really solid choice. We’ve got several sets at home (in floor and bookshelf form), and you’d really be hard-pressed to find better speakers for the money

Polk’s TSi/RTi speakers are a really solid choice. We’ve got several sets at home (in floor and bookshelf form), and you’d really be hard-pressed to find better speakers for the money

Thanks FluxT, are the RTi towers generally warm or bright?

What you're asking will be perceived differently by everyone's ears. The best thing is to listen for yourself and decide from there.

If you live in a place you can audition all of these you are fortunate indeed. If you are buying strictly on reviews and recommendations I fear you may be somewhat disappointed.
No way would I spend anywhere near that kind of money without a lot of listening.
Having said that you should add the Aerial Acoustics 7T to your list. Simply sublime speakers that are sadly out of my pay grade....even used.

That's about $1500 USD. I'd imagine the used market is different over there, but here that would get you nice Magnepans or Martin Logans. They aren't known to be warm (very transparent, uncolored), but a tube pre will warm them up.

Back
Top Bottom