Help!! Marantz 2325 restoration

No voltage across J804/J805 means no power to most of the pre amp stage boards. This is consistent with the Main In jacks working but getting nothing at the Pre Out jacks. Do you get power across J804 to J806 (19V) or J807 (14V)? I see you mentioned having voltage at J807. But most boards in the pre amp sections are not getting power, so no output at the Pre Out jacks.

But now the protection relay is not closing? This points to multiple issues on the power supply board. Did you already provide a top and bottom picture of the board?

No voltage across J804/J805 means no power to most of the pre amp stage boards. This is consistent with the Main In jacks working but getting nothing at the Pre Out jacks. Do you get power across J804 to J806 (19V) or J807 (14V)? I see you mentioned having voltage at J807. But most boards in the pre amp sections are not getting power, so no output at the Pre Out jacks.

But now the protection relay is not closing? This points to multiple issues on the power supply board. Did you already provide a top and bottom picture of the board?

If the protection relay wasn't closing, how would he get sound out of the (separated) amp from the other source? Seem to me like some other trace or wire was damaged in the process of the recap or changeout of the relay.

Relay engages without a problem, here are the measurements:
J807 13.88
J806 0
J805 0
J804 0
J802 38.9
J801 38.9
J803 0
J809 0
J808 0
J810 0
J811 0

Can it be that I'm having issues with H802, H803 or H804? Wild guess on my part just looking at the schematics and considering that the relay works. Will take some pictures soon.

Have you checked the fuse on the power supply board? If the fuse is blown you will see that set of measurements. Power still goes to J807 (14V) but not J805 (35V) or J806 (19V). J801 and J802 are A/C from the transformer.

Fuse works runningdog, was one of the first things I checked, and checked it again now that you ask, and yes, confirmed, it works!

Can it be that I'm having issues with H802, H803 or H804? Wild guess on my part just looking at the schematics and considering that the relay works. Will take some pictures soon.

Yes. Because there is 14V at J807 then H801 is working. Working backwards from J805 (35V), the next transistor is H802. Check for voltage at the emitter of H802. H802 and H803 are connected, two more suspects for failure. I've had to replace H804 as well.

Here is a clear colorized scan of the P800 board:

2325 P800 board layout color.jpg

Image courtesy of Tim Cartier.

Replaced H802 and everything is still the same, I'm going to order H803 and H804 and see if this solves the problem.

For the hell of it I would run jumpers from both of those bad solder pads to their corresponding pins, they both look bad, you cannot leave them that way anyway even if you get continuity.

Just installed the other jumper tsd71, thanks for the heads up. Already changed H803 and H804, still the same scenario guys, but here is the interesting part, was looking closely at the power board, R804 is toast!!!, just took a small wiggle and it broke apart, will replace and continue with this......

double check all your new parts placements on that power supply board, you could have something backwards in order to fry R804
Also check the zeners on that board with diode test

Perfect, will do, tomorrow I will get the parts I ordered and will start to install everything and double-check polarity etc. thanks!!!

Guys, very good news! Replaced H808 and H809 and the resistor R804, the diodes also. All is working good, many thanks for all your support and patience.

Back
Top Bottom