Help me build something

lyncks

Hey

As I am not a patient guy in general (oh well), before I can delve into more stuff, I really want to get some best bang for buck setup (as cheap as possible) so I can at least listen to music.

I am a crazy headphone user who has bought a ton of stuff over the years (and sold a lot of it too) and I don't want to keep my ears covered basically.

I fished for a few offers here in Europe and I am currently wondering which one to choose.

For speakers I basically have 3 offers:
2020i for 100 pounds, 3020 for 200 pounds, or Kef Q300 for 300 pounds (going to go see the Kefs in a few minutes). The prices are decent compared to the US (still more expensive, but not as other models).

Regarding amps, need something cheaper than 250 pounds to drive either of those above.

Which one would you choose and why?

I really want to get into this and already reading up on how stuff works to maybe get into DIY soon.

Cheers

Quick question, if you are in the UK why are you using the US as reference pricing? It seems to me that what something costs in another market is irrelevant if you don't have access to it. This scenario would only set up a false set of assumptions and expectations around the valuation of said item/s. I am just curious as I am deeply involved in pricing at work and insight into how consumers think is helpful :).

For your question, I haven't heard of those speakers. I do own the little Q 2010i and Kef LS50s. The performance gap between them is not as large as the price. I'd demo them all if possible but in a vacuum if I just had to pick one based upon my limited experience I'd go with the Q 3020.

Thanks man for the quick reply

I guess just a bit of frustration has built up over the years comparing prices, but you are right with the shouldn't compare thing. That was the cheapest I found and not sure which to choose and to pair it with what.

Just demoed some DIY stuff (well they can do it for you) and it just sounded amazing (Lowther in particular)

Cheers

Hey

Fished around a bit and found q500 for 350 pounds a pair.

I know I am comparing apples to watermelons, but what do you think?

Cheers

Later edit: went in and listened to quite a few models. The q acoustics 3050 are really good, liked them more than q500 and really think I should wait a bit and get what I liked most.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom