Help me choose a soundbar

Discussion in 'Home Theater & Video' started by invalidbuffa, Sep 9, 2018.

1. invalidbuffa

invalidbuffa Audio tinkerer

I'm in the market for a directional soundbar to help control the sound from our TCL 55" roku TV in the livingroom of our open floor plan house. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations on this matter? Any opinions of the Klipsch soundbar models with the tractrix loaded tweeters?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Dswankey

Dswankey Super Member

3. swechsler

swechsler Frog Whisperer

I didn't even realize we had a HT section; I always posted those questions on AVSForum (which might also be a better avenue for the OP).

I'm afraid I can't help either, the few soundbars I've heard haven't impressed me compared with separate speakers.

4. nedseg

nedseg AK Subscriber Subscriber

You don't mention a budget, but you may want to consider a Yamaha Digital Sound Projector.
    I use an older one in my master bedroom 'HT' system, and remain impressed with it's 'virtual soundfield' abilities - and no mess of speakers to wire up around the room. The mic setup/EQ is necessary to get it to sound the best, but so far it's my favorite 'easy listening' system!
    It does require a good subwoofer, but those are easy to come by (and hide).
    https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/sound_bar/index.html

5. twiiii

twiiii Addicted Member

Stay away from Bose!

6. Killer Fox

Killer Fox Super Member

I actually ended up with a Vizio 38" with a wireless sub and back surround speakers in the living room. Sounds pretty darn good and didn't cost much.

Please register to disable this ad.