Help me to get closer to audio nirvana

The DAC+ Pro can be modded to allow for external PS for the analog side,though that's a DIY deal,but supposedly it's not that hard to do.
Also consider that with the current 2 seperate DACs you have twice as many chances for noise to creep into the signal chain(s) vs. just one.
Some folks just prefer to have the source & DAC as close to each other as possible and get the D>A conversion over & done & then use analog IC's to the preamp/amp.

For me it was more an idea to simplify the overall signal chain somewhat and reduce the number of D>A conversions and such.
But that leads to other questions,like is all this gear located in close proximity to each other -or- is it all spread out a bit ?

Might help us to really understand how all this is being used,pics may be an idea as well.

HTH

Bret P.

Bret, I'm out of the country for another week so pictures are not possible right now.

All gear are located very close. The Yamaha sits on a top shelf, right next to it there is the Topping DAC and the Headphone Amp stacked. Under that shelf there is the raspberry within about 15 inches from the DAC. (There is also a chromecast Audio connected to the Topping DAC through Optical and the TV is connected to the Yamaha through Optical as well. But these details are not so important as my main source of music is the Raspberry and the Runeaudio software remotely controlled through our phones).
As the whole thing is being built right now nothing has a finalized location really.

The way things are connected right now is the following: Raspberry -> USB -> Topping DAC -> RCA -> Topping HP AMP -> RCA -> Yamaha Amp
The Yamaha's DAC is only used for the TV (Optical input)
So there is only one D/A conversion in the chain and it is happening right after the Raspberry.

Back
Top Bottom