HELP.. My Klipschorn's sound muddy and low-fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

thought91

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...-muddy-and-low-fi.861470/page-2#post-12541483

Someone suggested that I post a thread of a similar nature here at the Klipsch Korner, and I thought that was a great idea.

Alright, so I have pretty limited experience with Klipsch. A couple of years ago I bought a decrepit pair of Chorus´, which I nursed back into functional condition and have since been loving them. My dad especially, took a liking to them and decided to buy a pair of 80´s era Klipschorn´s. This particular pair has been upgraded with Crites woofers, tweeters, and crossovers. He brought them home, set them up, and they are some of the worst sounding speakers I have ever heard. I checked all the connections, and everything seems to be where it should be. I am going to post pics later of the innards of the speakers, including the crossovers. Something with these things is very wrong, and any help solving this problem would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

First time I heard K-Horns was at Turntables Unlimited in Sacramento, CA circa 1980. They played The Wall (Pink Floyd) on vinyl of course, through some McIntosh gear of some ilk. I have to say, it was nearly a religious experience! About fifteen years later, I was able buy a pair of well used K’s from 1976 if memory serves. Amps were a pair of NAD 218’s, bridged, with decent assorted gear. The corners were not ideal and they were in a big room. They rocked the house with just about everything I fed them, mostly rock in those days. I wish I had other suggestions than the guys gave you in your other post but, sadly, I don’t. Corners, correct polarity, other amplifiers and sources is all good advice. Maybe another set of ears would help? I wish you the best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom